Did Koningsdam Jan 22, 2017 charter mess up your plans?

blizzardboy

Do you get Mariners credit days for LRBC and other charters?

I asked a Mariner Society rep about this exact question and they said yes. I suspect Dave's probably right. However, after finding out that you have to accept "left-overs" on Cabin choice until you've built up seniority with LRBC, I decided that I'd avoid the large fare premium paid to Blues Cruise for their profit and the yet-to-be-announce talent, go on another cruise, plus pay for VIP seating at several shows of my choosing with the savings.

Edited by blizzardboy

I asked a Mariner Society rep about this exact question and they said yes. I suspect Dave's probably right. However, after finding out that you have to accept "left-overs" on Cabin choice until you've built up seniority with LRBC, I decided that I'd avoid the large fare premium paid to Blues Cruise for their profit and the yet-to-be-announce talent, go on another cruise, plus pay for VIP seating at several shows of my choosing with the savings.

Actually, I was wrong (and how often do you hear THAT on CC!). I just went and looked up my history and I did have days credit for the Blues cruises. Time to re-think what I book!

Actually, I was wrong (and how often do you hear THAT on CC!). I just went and looked up my history and I did have days credit for the Blues cruises. Time to re-think what I book!

I just saw pigs fly and a News Flash that Hell froze over!! ;)

Sorry, but no. There's no Mariner credit for days on a charter cruise. If there were, I'd do a lot more of them!

That is not true! I am two star with 59 credit days and I have only done charters on HAL, no regular cruises.

(OK, I just saw your post about being WRONG! :D )

Edited by Boytjie

• 3 weeks later...

We are thrilled that our next LRBC cruise is on the Koningsdam, it is a double header for us! Being big fans of both is extra special for my husband and myself. In the meantime we will again do the 7 day Alaska round trip from Vancouver on the Noordam, the BB King Allstars were something else on last years cruise. And we were pleased to see our chartered blues cruise sailing days added to our non charter sailing days. Love HAL!

I definitely get Mariner credits on the LRBC. Only on the last cruise were they giving certain things, like 50% off mini bar purchases for whatever star Mariners. I guess enough people complained. No tiles or anything. They also have had the beverage package for sale.

Blizzardboy, you don't pay for vip anything. It is all very loose and free flowing. Come and go to any show. Jams go on for hours. Sit, stand and dance wherever you like. If you want to take close up photos, people will move aside. I am really short, everyone lets me stand in front. There is always a good number of bands that you probably want to see, some will be new to you. One or two you may not care for.

The deck plans are different on the Koningsdam, so our usual strategy of being under the speakers may not work. I am interested to see some actual photos when the ship is completely built.

• 3 weeks later...

It truly doesn't matter on the blues cruise. It really is one cruise that you only in the cabin to get 4 or 5 hours of sleep.......

The atmosphere on a blues cruise is nothing like a snooze cruise. The ship is only a shell. It is completely taken over. So throw most of what you know about cruising out the window. Do check the videos on the LRBC website.

Couldn't agree more. We are booked for our third LRBC but also a 'regular cruise', on the Koningsdam, Jan. 15th. Out of 21 sailings HAL / LRBC are our favourite by far.

Sailing on a new ship, and sailing on another LRBC, that is a HUDGE bonus for us! Can't wait!

We sailed on the Noordam last Alaska season as the BB King Allstars were on board, my Husband even got to sit in with them on the last night. We will sail her again this May as well.

Folks, why are people still booking 7 day cruises so far out? This happens so often. People book 1 year + for a 7 day cruise and then come here and say. "My cruise got chartered." Forget booking this early and be disappointed. Wait until closer 6 mos or so and then make your decision to book. You will be a lot happier and not have the ship chartered out from under you.

Besides maybe HAL and other cruise lies will get the message that people aren't going to put up their money this far out only to be bumped.

I know I know some will say that they need to put in for vacations. Some will say that they want a certain cabin. If so, then book this far out, but do it knowing that there is a reasonable chance that your cruise is going to be chartered. And rather then starting a new thread go to the discussion thread of HAL dry-docks and charters and add it to the list there.

Folks, why are people still booking 7 day cruises so far out? This happens so often. People book 1 year + for a 7 day cruise and then come here and say. "My cruise got chartered." Forget booking this early and be disappointed. Wait until closer 6 mos or so and then make your decision to book. You will be a lot happier and not have the ship chartered out from under you.

Besides maybe HAL and other cruise lies will get the message that people aren't going to put up their money this far out only to be bumped.

I know I know some will say that they need to put in for vacations. Some will say that they want a certain cabin. If so, then book this far out, but do it knowing that there is a reasonable chance that your cruise is going to be chartered. And rather then starting a new thread go to the discussion thread of HAL dry-docks and charters and add it to the list there.

Reasonable chance of getting chartered. So do most 7 day cruises get chartered? I find that hard to believe. I'm not sure why anyone has to make judgement on why folks book things far out.

Reasonable chance of getting chartered. So do most 7 day cruises get chartered? I find that hard to believe. I'm not sure why anyone has to make judgement on why folks book things far out.

No judgement here just an observation and some friendly comments for people who book these cruises far out and then are disappointed.

I can't remember how many of these threads there have been, but there have been many and they all say the same thing. "I was booked (usually a year or so out) and the ship got chartered." And from my recollection they are usually 7 day cruises.