womens clothes from CruiseLine formal rental

lovetosew

Unless it's because you don't want to pack and bring formal wear with you. I too suggest you buy something new. Consignment shops are great as another poster mentioned and you can get some nice things inexpensively at TJ Maxx.

Whatever you decide to do...I hope you have an amazing cruise!:D

Thanks for all of your suggestions. It was just the skirt that I was curious about. DH was going to rent the tux and I thought that I may rent a black velvet long skirt just because I did not want to pack my own. I do my own sewing and certainly have enough to chose from in my own closet from past cruises but in this day and age every piece takes up precious space; so is the skirt lined, does the it drag or is it above ankle length and what is the quality of the fabric used. I am a fan of Chico's clothing line and have my own vintage boucle top with rhinestones from the 50's that I always take to wear; plus I have a stretch velvet sheath that I always take. This trip will be on the Star Princess around the Cape next Feb and am so excited to finally see the end of the world.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. It was just the skirt that I was curious about. DH was going to rent the tux and I thought that I may rent a black velvet long skirt just because I did not want to pack my own. I do my own sewing and certainly have enough to chose from in my own closet from past cruises but in this day and age every piece takes up precious space; so is the skirt lined, does the it drag or is it above ankle length and what is the quality of the fabric used. I am a fan of Chico's clothing line and have my own vintage boucle top with rhinestones from the 50's that I always take to wear; plus I have a stretch velvet sheath that I always take. This trip will be on the Star Princess around the Cape next Feb and am so excited to finally see the end of the world.

Being that you sew, I wonder about the fit of the Princess skirt. When you sew, our clothing fits us better.

There is a sewing thread to share you sewing projects. I am also a sewer too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1665834

I would think with ebay and the great online shops nowadays, you would be

able to purchase things at a very reasonable price compared to renting them..good luck!

I couldn't see any rentals on the Princess site either.

S&D