Where at on Orient Bay Please?

NanaBell

Trying to decide where to land our butts on Orient Bay in St Maarten. Can someone who has been there recently give me some input please? KonTiki, Kakoa, Or Orange Fever-(this one may be closed for construction) I've read to tell the taxi where to drop you off at and they will do so, as we have two people that can not walk very far. Thanks

I was planning on going on our upcoming Glory cruise. I seen the pictures of Orange Fever and all the seaweed on the beach not so sure.

Guess I will watch for recent reviews and see what is said as I have some time yet.

Trying to decide where to land our butts on Orient Bay in St Maarten. Can someone who has been there recently give me some input please? KonTiki, Kakoa, Or Orange Fever-(this one may be closed for construction) I've read to tell the taxi where to drop you off at and they will do so, as we have two people that can not walk very far. Thanks

Please let us know when you will visit.

That would make a difference.

gary

Please let us know when you will visit.

That would make a difference.

gary

We are going the 11 of October 2015! Seems as is no one is sure of this! One poster had a good point "maybe the construction in not an issue" ;) that's why no one seems to have a answer! I like that answer...

FYI: Just looked into the St Maarten Forums on tripadvisor like a poster suggested and Yes, Orange Fever is closed due to construction but many others are open on Orient so we are happy campers! Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Edited by NanaBell

We are going the 11 of October 2015! Seems as is no one is sure of this! One poster had a good point "maybe the construction in not an issue" ;) that's why no one seems to have a answer! I like that answer...

On second thought there may be another reason why the construction is not mentioned. :eek:

Perhaps there is a lack of construction.

Can you do us a favor and check on the progress of the construction while you are there? The complex is suppose to be up and running on October 15th. Those businesses will have been closed for 4 months. Thankfully they were closed during the slow season but mid October is approaching high season and for that reason many of us here hope that they open on schedule.

Hi! Just back from a week on land in beginning of September... sorry to say Orient Beach was a mess, piles of seaweed mixed with sand on the beach, water just choked up with seagrass, plus construction. It was the first place we went when we got there, and was so disappointing we left and went to Anse Marcel, a small beach on french side. Seemed that all Atlantic (east coast) beaches were in bad shape with the seagrass, we stayed in Dawn Beach and had to drive to other side of island each day to swim. Water is beautiful and so warm, hope to make it back sometime... first went there on HAL. Island easy to get around, but traffic in Phillipsburg unpredictable.

Hi! Just back from a week on land in beginning of September... sorry to say Orient Beach was a mess, piles of seaweed mixed with sand on the beach, water just choked up with seagrass, plus construction. It was the first place we went when we got there, and was so disappointing we left and went to Anse Marcel, a small beach on french side. Seemed that all Atlantic (east coast) beaches were in bad shape with the seagrass, we stayed in Dawn Beach and had to drive to other side of island each day to swim. Water is beautiful and so warm, hope to make it back sometime... first went there on HAL. Island easy to get around, but traffic in Phillipsburg unpredictable.

Thanks for the update. How was the construction coming?