Breakaway - Bermuda

crp46

My family and I leave on Sept. 27 out of NYC on Breakaway. YEAH, 10 more days!

Reading through the threads tonight and just saw a thread where they said the Breakaway stopped doing the fireworks on the last night out of Bermuda. Is that true?

I booked this vacation back in April. Any other recent changes?

This is our 2nd NCL cruise. Did the Gem to Bahamas 2 years ago. Did another line last year but didn't care for it as much.

Reading through the threads tonight and just saw a thread where they said the Breakaway stopped doing the fireworks on the last night out of Bermuda. Is that true?

This is our 2nd NCL cruise. Did the Gem to Bahamas 2 years ago. Did another line last year but didn't care for it as much.

Yes, unfortunately, it is true. Another change (since the time that you booked) is that the departure from Bermuda is earlier. For our cruise, all aboard was 2:30 PM on the last day in BDA.

We still had a wonderful time. Bermuda is beautiful and the ship has a lot to offer any cruiser. (Although our next cruise is back to the Gem!).

Been on Breakaway August, if you can, get to Horseshoe Bay Beach, WHAT a pristine beach setting, it IS one of the most photographed beaches in the WORLD , and we see why, beautiful pink sand, no " junk" rolling up on the beaches. A small area to the right of the main beach is just right for not big waves and crowds of people. Can rent some chairs and umbrella and relax . just make sure if you take the bus from your ship, about 35 minutes to arrive, there is a LONG walk to the beach from the top of the hill, but they do have a shuttle bus for $2. Well worth the $2 after a day at the beach. last bus of the day was at 6 p.m. back to the ship.

Been to Bahamas last year on NCL, would go to Bermuda again in a heartbeat !!

Been on Breakaway August, if you can, get to Horseshoe Bay Beach, WHAT a pristine beach setting, it IS one of the most photographed beaches in the WORLD , and we see why, beautiful pink sand, no " junk" rolling up on the beaches. A small area to the right of the main beach is just right for not big waves and crowds of people. Can rent some chairs and umbrella and relax . just make sure if you take the bus from your ship, about 35 minutes to arrive, there is a LONG walk to the beach from the top of the hill, but they do have a shuttle bus for $2. Well worth the $2 after a day at the beach. last bus of the day was at 6 p.m. back to the ship.

Been to Bahamas last year on NCL, would go to Bermuda again in a heartbeat !!

Horseshoe bay is fine, but there are many nicer beaches on Bermuda.

Everyone goes there because it is easiest to get to and has amenities like chair rental.

I am on your sailing. :) If you have not already found it here is the link to our roll call. Join in and introduce yourself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016945&page=22

I am on your sailing. :) If you have not already found it here is the link to our roll call. Join in and introduce yourself.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016945&page=22

Yes,, the boat leaves from Bermuda at 3pm not at 4pm,do not listen to the tv in the room they are still running a video that says the boat leaves at 4pm. People have been left in bermuda the last couple of weeks ........

e

What beaches do you suggest?

We were just in Bermuda 2 weeks ago and took the bus to Warwick. Bay Long. Beach. it is one mile past Horseshoe Bay and very beautiful and it not nearly as crowded. In fact you can walk to Horseshoe if you wish. There are chair and umbrella rentals too but very limited food choices. The walk from the bus stop is not nearly as steep and long as Horseshoe. If you want a more peaceful beach experience with the same pink sand I would recommend going to. Warwick Beach. When you go to the bus stop ask the bus worker which bus to take for. Warwick. They are both the #7 but there is a bus that says Special that only goes to Horseshoe Bay.

Thanks for all the responses. We have rented a boat from H2O sports for 8 hours on Thursday so we plan on hitting a bunch of beaches and shipwrecks.

Other than that, we have no plans but to eat, drink and be merry :)

I am thinking of renting from H2O on our next visit. When you come back can you post on here and let us know how your experience was. Did you get the 17' motor boat? I am wondering if four adults can fit in there comfortably. If you take a taxi to and from can you let me know what that cost was. Have fun, can't wait to here all the places you found on your 8 hour boat ride.

Yes, we got the 17 motorboat. There are 4 of us going. They had a special of buy 5 hours and get one free. We are avid boaters anyway so decided to do 8 hours (10 to 6). My children (21 and 23) and my husband and I both love to snorkel and swim and would much rather do that than walk around and shop. I think I'm the only woman on earth that hates to shop.

Edited by crp46

LOL, I only like to shop if I have something to buy. Two years ago when we were in Bermuda we rented a Pontoon. It was great but we were 9 people at the time. This time it will be just hubby, me and sons, 21 and 26 (they are all 6 ft) so I was thinking of getting something smaller and less money. Years ago Hubby had a boat so any opportunity he likes to go out on one. This time I think we will rent fishing equipment so they can fish.

We had friends rent a pontoon 2 years ago because there was 10 of them and they loved it. We don't fish.

My big question though is they only sell water and soda at the shop. We will have to take a taxi from the ship. Is there someplace to stop on the way (and will the taxi driver allow us) to pick up beer and snacks?