Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break

bigtony64

Free? :confused:

Playa Mia is often suggested on this board. If you find any post by Mitsugirly she has an extensive photo review linked in her signature. Great beach club for families with little ones because of the kiddie water park.

I don't know what your specific package includes (it should tell you when you are picking the booking) and these change often, so I can't really help on that. But we have been there and I have a complete review listed in my signature with tons of pictures if you are interested in seeing it. The only thing missing from the review is the huge ocean bouncy water park stuff because they didn't have them up the day we were there.

We did this in March and I loved it. The food was great, the bathroom was clean. There was an attendant in there at all times making sure. That's a big thing for me. The water was nice and be inflatable obstacle course was really fun but man does it wear you out. That swim back you are grateful to have the life vest that they make you wear so you can float if you want to. It was busy so we had chairs a few rows back which at first I was bummed about but then as we were there you didn't even really notice because the scenery is so beautiful. They did a water balloon race that we participated in and it was really fun. I don't know if you drink but with the open bar, they have beer, rum drinks, and margaritas. The margaritas are premixed and I found them kind of weak as to be expected with an AI resort I guess. Here's the trick. They have at least a dozen flavored tequilas. You just tell them you want a mango or strawberry or my favorite... Almond margarita. Then you get extra tequila. Our bartender was so fun and nice that we went to him every time we got to drink. We also tipped him every time. Not all the bartenders were as friendly to be clear. And they have a filtered water and juice machine with lunch. We also did the poolside massage and there was a pool with a children's area that looks really nice that we did not use. There were also a few gift shop and looks like they were trying to renovate to put in more. I absolutely recommend them especially since they are a little bit cheaper and we were able to take them directly through a princess excursion.

I forgot to mention the lunch. There was plenty to eat, a full salad bar, and basically what you would make fajitas or nachos out of. Chips, tortillas, cooked chicken, cooked beef, carnitas, fajita vegetables, rice, beans of a few tight, I believe there was also chicken wings and pizza and spaghetti. I think there were a few things that we're very Americanized for the kids like that. I thought the food tasted very good and you could eat under the giant white shaded tent style pavilion that you see in their pictures. It was nice to get some shade.