Driver/translator wanted in Naples

paddycake

We are planning a day trip to Naples from Rome prior to our cruise and looking for a driver/translator for the day. My mother was born and raised in Naples and we are wanting someone who knows the area well. My mom wont be able to join us on the cruise, but fortunately, she still recalls the addresses and street names of where she lived, her father's businesses, etc. I've priced some of the larger tour companies who can provide a driver/translator but before I book with one of them I thought I would check if anyone on CC could recommend an individual, student or company they may have recently used. We are beyond excited about our day in Naples and know if will be a memorable one.

Be sure you specify that you want a driver very familiar with Naples - many of the drivers from the big services are from Sorrento and other parts of the suburban area. I've had issues finding drivers even within the city who know the section of Naples my family comes from (because it's now a pretty dicey area so if you don't live there you wouldn't go there).

Be sure you specify that you want a driver very familiar with Naples - many of the drivers from the big services are from Sorrento and other parts of the suburban area. I've had issues finding drivers even within the city who know the section of Naples my family comes from (because it's now a pretty dicey area so if you don't live there you wouldn't go there).

Good point! I will definitely inquire.