What brands and flavors of tea

rdcruisin

I will be sailing on the Grandeur next month and was wondering what brand of tea bags does RCCI carry. Also is there a variety of flavored herbal teas available shipwide.

The "free" tea bags they usually carry are called "First Tea". The extra cost tea is "Tazo". They have a variety of teas, but you cannot depend on any one kind. In other words, if you like some specific flavor, it's best to bring your own.

You will get your basics (Earl Grey, Green, Chamomile, etc.), but they aren't anything special. I usually bring some teas from home. A few tea bags in your suit case do not take up much room, especially ginger tea for rougher sea days.

You will get your basics (Earl Grey, Green, Chamomile, etc.), but they aren't anything special. I usually bring some teas from home. A few tea bags in your suit case do not take up much room, especially ginger tea for rougher sea days.

Does the ginger tea help with motion sickness. My sister takes the ginger tablets, but since she's a big tea drinker, supplementing with the ginger tea might be even better.

Does the ginger tea help with motion sickness. My sister takes the ginger tablets, but since she's a big tea drinker, supplementing with the ginger tea might be even better.

Ginger tea does help with queasiness. We also use ginger candy and ginger snap cookies.

The last time I was on Royal, they had the aforementioned "First Tea" brand. Mind you, I am not a "tea snob", but I thought it was terrible ("Is it tea, or food coloring, lol"). Next time, I plan to take my own, just in case.

I've always had to use two of the "First Tea" tea bags to get any taste out of them.

The last time I was on Royal, they had the aforementioned "First Tea" brand. Mind you, I am not a "tea snob", but I thought it was terrible ("Is it tea, or food coloring, lol"). Next time, I plan to take my own, just in case.

I've always had to use two of the "First Tea" tea bags to get any taste out of them.

Or three or four... They did seem very weak to me too.

Absolutely! It also helps with digestion after overindulging, easy to do on a cruise! I also keep Gin Gin candies on me, they are delicious and always handy.

Maybe it was "first tea," but now it's something else! I've been very disappointed since they switched brands. There's no flavor to it, and less of a selection of herbal/no-caffeine. I now bring my own so I can have decent tea.

Guest maddycat

I agree completely. At one time RCI had Lipton's and Twinings teas. Now they only have First Tea, an organic tea from the Netherlands. First Tea is very weak and has a sort of flowery taste. I now bring my own tea on RCI cruises.

Do you just take your own tea bags to the dining room? I love tea but sounds like I may have to bring my own flavours. Are there keurig machines in the state rooms?

I've not seen keurig machines anywhere onboard. I take my tea bags to the dining room, Windjammer, CL, Johnny Rockets, etc.

Edited by clarea

Do you just take your own tea bags to the dining room? I love tea but sounds like I may have to bring my own flavours. Are there keurig machines in the state rooms?

I take my teabags with me wherever I want tea. You can request a pot of hot water in the main dining room, and hot water is available in the Windjammer and Promenade Café at the beverage stations.

Junior Suites and above have a coffeemaker and an electric kettle for boiling water. The problem is, the kettle always smells like coffee. I don't know if people use it to keep the coffee hot or something, but it ruins it for boiling water for tea.

Sounds as bad as those awful Lipton Yellow Label bags. Part of the problem is that the water is never boiling and so the tea can't steep properly. I always drink coffee on American ships, it's just not worth the risk(!!). Mind you RCI normally have kettles in the cabins on ex-UK departures, so I'll probably take some decent tea with me. Then I can have a nice cuppa on the balcony :)

Sounds as bad as those awful Lipton Yellow Label bags. Part of the problem is that the water is never boiling and so the tea can't steep properly. I always drink coffee on American ships, it's just not worth the risk(!!). Mind you RCI normally have kettles in the cabins on ex-UK departures, so I'll probably take some decent tea with me. Then I can have a nice cuppa on the balcony :)

Lipton is very nearly good by comparison to First Tea!

Guest maddycat

I always use a small cross body bag on the ship. I keep a supply of tea in the bag.