Booked Cruise on RCCL just disappeared

bearone

When I logged into my cruises yesterday on RCCL website, one of my booked and deposit paid for cruises had just vanished. It had happily sat there for many months with no problem. Anyone else had this happen and did it reappear without a problem ??:eek:

Yes I had one disappear on me when I logged in Friday night! I figured I'd have to wait until Monday morning to call to get this sorted out! With both an invoice from them plus a screenshot of the booking from their home page I expect that it will be made good again especially as this one is for a booking in November next year.

My other 3 bookings are still intact so I tried to add the details where it says to do so if your booking is missing but just received some message in red saying they couldn't fix it at this time or something to that affect!

Good luck to us both tomorrow when we have to call them up!

Gae

I will be calling too as one of my bookings has disappeared. I booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and applied two certificates that the husband and I received for a noise issue on our Rhapsody cruise in February. The paperwork had the wrong email address so I wasted time waiting for an adjusted invoice until I finally realized it wasn't going to happen. Rang RCCL and received the correct email to send the certificates and have received a new invoice but can't pay the balance due to the reservation disappearing. I'm a bit nervous as I'm now 3 days past the payment being due.

Regards Elaine.

Yep, it has been happening, and it is very disconcerting. Sometimes even our logins aren't working properly.

We rang the other day to do our check-in on a November cruise (the bit where you put all your passport details etc in) and we were talked through the "before you board" tab, and "online check-in" page. The person said it is easier to do it that way than through the "my cruises" area. I don't like that these cruises are not there though! We have always gone through the "my cruises" area to do our check in and look at our bookings.

It started a while back where we had booked direct on the website, and we started getting messages that we could not do payments etc, we had to ring. We rand for a couple of them to see if there were any issues, and the chap said the bookings were fine and should be back to how they were before shortly. It just got worse after than with bookings dropping off.

I would suggest the same as Gae, print off everything, or even do screen shots, or save as a PDF file to print later if needed.

It seems they are doing something major to the website, and this is not the first time I have seen on cruise critic where people have had this happen.

To get to the Online check-in, click on the "before you board" tab which is three across on the screen on that yellowish bar, and then go down to "online checkin".

If your cruise date is more than 90 days, it will say it is only available within 90 days of the cruise, but at least you can see that your booking is still there, and the room number. You would have to ring up for any payments etc.

I would imagine if you can see it there, that unless you need to talk to them, you will have a long wait on the phone, and may be clogging up the system for those that need to make payments or changes in a more urgent time frame.

Is is stressful and annoying, but I personally would give it a bit more time for them to sort out the system if you cruise booking comes up fine in the "online checkin" area.

I will be calling too as one of my bookings has disappeared. I booked this cruise a couple of weeks ago and applied two certificates that the husband and I received for a noise issue on our Rhapsody cruise in February. The paperwork had the wrong email address so I wasted time waiting for an adjusted invoice until I finally realized it wasn't going to happen. Rang RCCL and received the correct email to send the certificates and have received a new invoice but can't pay the balance due to the reservation disappearing. I'm a bit nervous as I'm now 3 days past the payment being due.

Regards Elaine.

You need to ring tomorrow for sure. If you can't pay online you must ring them. We had a similar issue with certificates from a Rhapsody cruise, and we were given the wrong email address to start with also. Then when they applied the credits they dropped the OBC we had from the original booking. When you call, ask them to email you immediately your new invoice, and hold on the line and check it straight away. Usually the email comes through almost immediately when we have done that.

For the others - this is the sort of person that does not need others clogging up the call centre as this is an urgent time frame matter.

As suggested I logged in through the Before You Board tab, scrolled down to Online Booking, inserted my booking details for my "lost" booking & viola, there it was!

That being the case I won't bother calling tomorrow after-all. I hope you others resolve your dilemma just as easily!

Gae

You need to ring tomorrow for sure. If you can't pay online you must ring them. We had a similar issue with certificates from a Rhapsody cruise, and we were given the wrong email address to start with also. Then when they applied the credits they dropped the OBC we had from the original booking. When you call, ask them to email you immediately your new invoice, and hold on the line and check it straight away. Usually the email comes through almost immediately when we have done that.

For the others - this is the sort of person that does not need others clogging up the call centre as this is an urgent time frame matter.

Hi goodycruising, did the email address for the FCC's you received from the Rhapsody start with admin? I wasted a lot of time because of this mistake but all good now. Still can't access my reservation so I called and paid the balance owing and have been sent a new invoice with the OBC showing. Not sure if RCCL would have cancelled my cruise but I didn't want to risk it.

Regards Elaine.

Hi goodycruising, did the email address for the FCC's you received from the Rhapsody start with admin? I wasted a lot of time because of this mistake but all good now. Still can't access my reservation so I called and paid the balance owing and have been sent a new invoice with the OBC showing. Not sure if RCCL would have cancelled my cruise but I didn't want to risk it.

Regards Elaine.

Hi Elaine, I can't remember exactly but that sounds familiar. It was the address that was on the certificate, and then when nothing happened for a while we rang and they sort of came across that we were a bit thick for sending it to the wrong email address. Firstly we tried to ring to have it applied, but the request had to be emailed. I think at that time we were given the right email, but we thought we should send it to the one on the paperwork.

I am glad to hear you are all paid up and your invoice is correct. You would be feeling much better to have that fixed up. You should be able to go through the "before you board" tab to do your checkin, even if it isn't showing on your "my cruises" account. We printed our set sail pass straight away and that is a nice feeling.

Hi Gae

I just tried to go into the before you cruise tab to find my lost booking. It was there , but how do you get it back to the my cruises page where they are all listed together? When I clicked on don't see your reservation, it simply said it could not be retrieved at this time. What about booking shore excursions etc? Can it still be done if it is not showing on the main my cruises page? Otherwise maybe I should call RCCL and see if they can fix it.:confused:

Sue

Hi Gae

I just tried to go into the before you cruise tab to find my lost booking. It was there , but how do you get it back to the my cruises page where they are all listed together? When I clicked on don't see your reservation, it simply said it could not be retrieved at this time. What about booking shore excursions etc? Can it still be done if it is not showing on the main my cruises page? Otherwise maybe I should call RCCL and see if they can fix it.:confused:

Sue

Everything can be done through the Before You Cruise tab is my understanding Sue

Hi Gae

I just tried to go into the before you cruise tab to find my lost booking. It was there , but how do you get it back to the my cruises page where they are all listed together?

That's been the issue. Sometimes that doesn't work, but in which case you should still be able to access the direct way as you've done.

I just obtained the new RCCL brochure and interestingly, my missing cruise (Explorer April 11th 2016) is missing from the list of cruises on the back page of the new brochure(called cruise planner I think)I called Royal today re my missing cruise and they said perhaps it was one of the cancelled cruises but then looked it up and reassured me it was still in their system and that at present there were no special tags relating to that cruise. They said it was a 72 hour glitch in their system and I promptly told them it had been missing for about a week and a half(lol). I am a little worried now as it was not in their brochure and especially as we recently booked airfares. :eek:

Royal has certainly updated their website! Pretty with graphics but very clunky to navigate!

I tried to select a choice of cabin but it automatically selects for you and then if you go to change button nothing happens (using an iPad). We often travel with family and like to choose the proximity of our cabins apparently this is a no go now.

On the Royal Caribbean forum there is a lot of dislike of this new website with a lot of business moving to other cruise lines. Mainly because of the lack of room choice and no indication for family rooms, bunks or sofa beds etc.

There has always been problems with their site but the upgrading has made it even worse.

We just booked with an online agent who had a much better price than on the RCI site anyhow and we chose our room.

I tried to select a choice of cabin but it automatically selects for you and then if you go to change button nothing happens (using an iPad). We often travel with family and like to choose the proximity of our cabins apparently this is a no go now.

I was able to change the room without issue. Not using an ipad though.

Regards Elaine.

Could I ask you the email address please? We have a certificate that we need to apply and I've called up twice but they haven't gotten back to me.

Thanks so much.

Could I ask you the email address please? We have a certificate that we need to apply and I've called up twice but they haven't gotten back to me.

Thanks so much.

I emailed a copy of the certificates plus proof that we had paid a deposit on the cruise we had chosen to apply the certificates to.

The email address is fccau@rcclapac.com

You will know that it has been received as an automated reply will be emailed to you by RCCL.

Regards Elaine.

I emailed a copy of the certificates plus proof that we had paid a deposit on the cruise we had chosen to apply the certificates to.

You will know that it has been received as an automated reply will be emailed to you by RCCL.

Regards Elaine.

Thanks so much Elaine!

Regards Elaine.

Thanks for posting this address Elaine.

I also received a certificate that I sent to the cruiseadmin email specified and have received no response, now I know why and can send it to the right one.

I was able to change the room without issue. Not using an ipad though.

I also tried the booking site on the home computer and it was the same as the iPad. Today I printed details of one of our upcoming cruises and checked the new booking system and it is now working perfectly well, able to change rooms with a deck plan etc. Still not not working on the iPad though.

Did our check in today and couldn't print out boarding passes for Nov 1 sailaway. Luggage tags printed ok. Phoned up to be told that they are having computer problems and try again in 24-48 hours.