Allure - TA 25th Oct Live(ish) Pics, vids, maybe Periscopes and thoughts.

papcx

Okay. I admit it, day 1 review was rubbish, as if it didn't happen.

We'll it did. Briefly, our plane was almost an hour taking off but we were soon in Barcelona heading for the Allure.

That moment you first se her is amazing. Cruise ships are big now a days, but the Allure is some thing else.

Embarkation was a breeze, about 10 minutes from security to on the ship, and that included shopping for wine and slowly walking to the gangplank.

d70d766742bf54185a92f9ae3fcd1669.jpgabd0a38ffc88b5346e2499dc686f5f6b.jpg

Then you step onboard, straight onto the Royal promenade. WOW. And it just gets better and better. Central Park, the Boardwalk. Top deck with its many pools.

We headed to park cafe for lunch, but I think the secret is out, because there was a big queue. So we headed to the windjammer. It was busy, but manageable. Got a table at a window without a wait. Food was usual buffet stuff.

Had another wander around and then headed to On Air bar in the hope of see the Utd game. Not on, not got a Sky inscription so a quick Google finds a doggy site so I make full use of Voom and watch it on my phone. Until the battery goes. A 5:30 alarm means it's been on the go all day and it gives up.

Muster is in the Aqua theatre, and to be honest you can't hear anything because the sound system is rubbish. The vid of "Wash your hands and make your mama proud" is always welcome.

Cases have arrived so I squeeze some juice into the phone while DW unpacks and off to sail away. We do the bridge wings and there a a good few CCers there and a couple of pink boas.

We're docked in front of the Epic, our next cruise next Feb with our mums.

4dd7b4056aba24993160c849d99235d3.jpg

Hello Epic, you've got a tough act to follow!

Sail away is delayed for an hour due to clearance, Captain Jonny came on the PA a couple of times to keep us updated. And soon we were off. No shuddering, just a nice smooth sail, even going backwards.

It's getting chilly now so we grab a jumper and head to Sabor for dinner. I know people like it, but to me it was nothing special. And the food is no better than the buffet food Imo. Maybe it wasn't helped by the fact that, like my phone, I was running low on power.

f60766fbf6fe7ef00b3d3cfae7449307.jpg

The plan was to go to the cabin, get a power nap, and then go for Ocean Aria. Not going to happen. Power nap becomes nightly, night time.

That's it, day 1 over. 11 more to go on this amazing ship.

Disclaimer : I'm not reviewing or editing ANY of these posts (apart from the obvious ones my phone points out at the time) so please excuse any spelling errors or grammar mistakes.

We too found check in a breeze and the ship is impressive voom Internet works well but there doez not seem to be an easy way to Log out which you need to do in order to use another device. We have 2 phones and 2 tablets with us. I could stream from my dish app to the tv to watch local news with no issues.

The bad the computer system crashed yesterday so no tv no Internet no phones. We could not get a list of what we had reserved for the first night. Our room is nice but the bathroom had not really been cleaned well. The schedule for today did not show the lecture at 10 AM from the fox studio executive which was very good once we found where it was. The ship is amazingly disorganized and hard to believe it is not the first month it has been sailing. Dinner last night was good but rice and ravioli were both undercooked. They were very tasty better than the bland Celebrity food our last TA. But the disorganized matter of the ship overall would have a give either the ship or RCL in general a pass. I can't even find a pocket map of the ship. The app you can download seems to be more an ad than useful. Maybe being so large I expected better organization than they have?

We too found check in a breeze and the ship is impressive voom Internet works well but there doez not seem to be an easy way to Log out which you need to do in order to use another device. We have 2 phones and 2 tablets with us. I could stream from my dish app to the tv to watch local news with no issues.

The bad the computer system crashed yesterday so no tv no Internet no phones. We could not get a list of what we had reserved for the first night. Our room is nice but the bathroom had not really been cleaned well. The schedule for today did not show the lecture at 10 AM from the fox studio executive which was very good once we found where it was. The ship is amazingly disorganized and hard to believe it is not the first month it has been sailing. Dinner last night was good but rice and ravioli were both undercooked. They were very tasty better than the bland Celebrity food our last TA. But the disorganized matter of the ship overall would have a give either the ship or RCL in general a pass. I can't even find a pocket map of the ship. The app you can download seems to be more an ad than useful. Maybe being so large I expected better organization than they have?

The quickest (and easiest) way to log your device out of the internet is to open your browser and go to " logoff.com " and then you'll be all set. Our kids taught us that on our last cruise on Allure as we paid for unlimited internet on only 2 devices.

Schhhhhh.

Don't tell anyone but the 1 device unlimited package is quite liberal.

I've managed to log on to 3 devices at the same time.

Keep it quiet.

Waiting for Mama Mia.

81065ca36734b3cf888aa3861b213f81.jpg

Day 2.

As usual when I'm knackered and in need of a lie in I'm awake at 7am. So I sit on the balcony until DW is up at about 8. We're both still knackered.

We go to American icon for breakfast. Service is very slow. 30 minutes for a bit of a fry-up and eggs Benedict to appear. Sorry all around but it's cold! Disappointing. Bug queue waiting to get in on our way out. There's loads of tables ready, but obviously not the waiters to deal with them. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

We have a quick walk on deck 4 checking out the comedy club etc before our meet and greet. Captain Jonny makes an appearance. And kudos to RC, there are loads of raffle prizes ranging from the good to the usual tat. Believe it or not the first 3 winners are called Richard!

Windjammer for lunch. Easy to find a seat and food is good.

Schooner bar for our first cocktails and then Boleros before Mama Mia.

It's okay, not bad, not great. We don't stay for the 2nd half.

We check out the sports zone and get a drink at the wipeout bar. Sat there for about an hour with practically no one else. Crowded ship - I don't think so.

Watched sunset and got changed for dinner.

Chops is, as usual, great food and great service.

Quick one in the champagne bar, decide we're beat and skip the comedy show for an early(ish) night.

I'm using trouble getting my camera pics onto my phone (so I can post them) it's not unachievable, just time consuming so I'll probably start taking pics with the phone to post.

Edited by papcx

Great comment so far. I love the photo of your view for Mamma Mia. Sorry you found it just ok and didn't stay for act 2. Just wondering if you remember how early they let you in? Still looks like there are some ok seats.

We went in about 1/2 hour early. Then 10 mins to go there was a huge flood when the standbys got let in. There were quite a few standing at the back.

We went in about 1/2 hour early. Then 10 mins to go there was a huge flood when the standbys got let in. There were quite a few standing at the back.

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like you can still get a good seat at 30 minutes before.

Looking forward to hearing more of your cruise.

Thanks for the pic of you in Sabor, my friends are also in your photo :D

We are cruising the Harmony of the Seas after you so can you please let us know all about the good and bad on your cruise?

Thank you!

Ken

Hi! Can i just ask how many formal nights there are in cruises this long?

And also.. if i feel seasikness will i be able to get pills at the guest service or doctor? Neve cruised with Royal but will next year!

Thank you[emoji2]

Inviato dal mio SM-J100H utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi! Can i just ask how many formal nights there are in cruises this long?

And also.. if i feel seasikness will i be able to get pills at the guest service or doctor? Neve cruised with Royal but will next year!

Thank you[emoji2]

Hi there.

Don't really pay attention to number of formal nights, but I'll look out for you.

Tablets - we just bring our own. Other RC experts may have an answer for you.

Hi there.

Don't really pay attention to number of formal nights, but I'll look out for you.

Tablets - we just bring our own. Other RC experts may have an answer for you.

Thank you... And sorry, you probably told us already but... how can i find you in periscope??

Ocean Aria. WOW. DW says it's the best thing she's seen on a cruise ship. Absolutely excellent.

Video posted using tapatalk app. How's the compression?

https://vimeo.com/143781006

Papcx.... the video is.....

FANTASTICO

BELLISSIMO

MERAVIGLIOSO!!!!!

I hope you guys understand italian!!![emoji23]

Hi there... we are on the Allure in December can't wait!!!!

Would you do us a favor and test the speed of the internet - you can use http://www.speedtest.net and post the results... My husband is an internet geek and is dying to find out how fast the new Voom internet speed is :-)

There is also an app for speedtest - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8

This would really make him happy... and in turn me happy :-)

Enjoying your posts!

Hi there... we are on the Allure in December can't wait!!!!

Would you do us a favor and test the speed of the internet - you can use http://www.speedtest.net and post the results... My husband is an internet geek and is dying to find out how fast the new Voom internet speed is :-)

There is also an app for speedtest - https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/speedtest.net-mobile-speed/id300704847?mt=8

This would really make him happy... and in turn me happy :-)

Enjoying your posts!

Result from 30 seconds ago.

ab4a243354d54d3ee6ec92efb5074ddb.jpg

Total tests.

3bb8f57853b5914dc39c370c33da754f.jpg

Good numbers.