Warning, Snorkeling excursion on Grand Turk

uncleg

If you booked through Carnival, be careful your excursion may be canceled. All snorkeling contractors with Carnival were or strike when we were in port last week. Carnival said they my excursion was canceled due to mechanical problem, by a phone call to my cabin. Later that morning they announced all snorkeling excursion were cancelled for same reason. Really!? Turns out they were on strike. You may want to consider booking out side of Carnival.

We went to GT on HAL a few years ago. About 4 weeks before the cruise we were notified that our snorkeling trip was canceled. We looked on line and all water related excursions were unavailable. We figured it was likely some kind of the contract dispute -- we never found out. We were the only ship in port that day.

We just hung out at Jack's Shack and swam there. (fantastic jerk chicken) :D

Edited by CRUZBUDS

We went to GT last year and I booked our snorkeling excursion thru White Sands Charters and Tours after reading their excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. I can highly recommend them. Communication prior to the cruise was excellent and the price was great, however, one of the things that impressed me the most was that we had a rather small group (I'm going to say there was ten or less of us), while the Carnival excursions had A LOT of people (I would guess 30-40 per group). Donovan and Eric were great and a lot of fun. Check them out on TripAdvisor and see if you can find a package that would suit your style.

I will add the snorkeling "The Wall" is something that you do not want to miss if you do a snorkeling excursion in GT!!! It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

If you booked through Carnival, be careful your excursion may be canceled. All snorkeling contractors with Carnival were or strike when we were in port last week. Carnival said they my excursion was canceled due to mechanical problem, by a phone call to my cabin. Later that morning they announced all snorkeling excursion were cancelled for same reason. Really!? Turns out they were on strike. You may want to consider booking out side of Carnival.

And who told you they were on strike? Carnival's snorkeling excursions in GT are usually handled by Oasis Divers. It's a relatively small outfit. Their staff, at least the guides, come from all over the world.

It worked for us! :D

100_0145.JPG

How can you do that to me? Jacks Jerk Chicken is the best....dont tell people about Jacks. let them go to Mville and spend money....we spend the whole day at Jacks everytime we go to GT....:D Janet (Jacks wife) is the best, we were there at 9am and some young couple wanted blender drinks, Janet told them it was too early to run that noisy thing.....we are only serving beer and wine this early!!! I loved it......they wouldn't even take our money when we ordered drinks, they told us to just tell them how many we had at the end of the day!!! top notch people....:)