What do I wear for an excursion?

enna77

When we are in Grand Cayman next month, we are going on a bike ride excursion, that will show us some sights (not a super hard bike ride) and then we end the excursion at the beach to snorkel.

So what do I wear for a bike ride? I like to wear sundresses over my swimsuit while in Caribbean ports but I think it might be hard to wear a dress and ride. Maybe not, I've never tried it. Or maybe I could wear shorts for the bike ride and then change into my swimsuit somewhere? I don't like to wear my swimsuit under shorts because it has the detached skirt and then it's a mess under the shorts.

What would you lovely fashionistas wear.

PS I wanna look cute and not a hot mess!

If it's not a technical ride I'd wear a short sundress (with sneakers)

Ditto. I've worn a sundress (knee length) to bike to the beach from my in-laws house (a couple miles) and it's not a problem. (I wear my tevas too - wouldn't wear flip flops for biking but if I can hike in my tevas, I can cycle a little too)

maybe I could wear shorts for the bike ride and then change into my swimsuit somewhere

Instead of your skirted bottom, how about a pair of swim shorts? I have a few pairs and they come in really handy for combined excursions. No need to change for the water. Quick drying too.

Here's an example.

http://www.swimsuitsforall.com/Chlorine-Resistant-Beach-Belle-Plus-Size-Black-Cargo-Short

I'd wear a white, button-down shirt over the swimsuit with the sleeves rolled up. Works as a top and a swimsuit cover-up! The shirt doesn't have to be white it could be a print that has colors that match your swimsuit.

Edited by mousey