Lfk...

Vacation23

Mick, I was thinking the same thing..of all the ports I excited about Honduras the most so I do want to do it right.. What are you doing in Costa Maya? I have nothing planned, I was gonna wing it that day..in Belize we are cave tubing, and in cozumel we are gonna grab a cab to San gervasio...

This is what I am weighing at the moment....I know my husband and I will like the lunch but there is no way my 5 year old will eat any of that. I am thinking it might work to just eat a big breakfast and bring some sealed snacks.

I have seen you post a bit and the free beach is very nice. It wasn't crowded the time we went because it was raining. It is a nice option if you are looking to save some money.

Mickey, it is $33 more for the lunch and two drinks.. We decided to go without.. It will save us $66.. We will eat a big breakfast, bring packaged snacks and stay until we are ready to eat. We may forgo lfk altogether and opt for the free each, I haven't decided yet.

Mick, I was thinking the same thing..of all the ports I excited about Honduras the most so I do want to do it right.. What are you doing in Costa Maya? I have nothing planned, I was gonna wing it that day..in Belize we are cave tubing, and in cozumel we are gonna grab a cab to San gervasio...

We are going to Blue Kay Beach in Costa Maya. Free to go, just buy drinks and food if you want, but not required (that's what they said when I messaged them). Here is a great review with tons of detail and pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130767&page=24

Oh, and we did cave tubing in Belize the other time we were there. Fun, but would have been much better if it hadn't rained the entire time. Just bad luck for us on that day.

Mickey, it is $33 more for the lunch and two drinks.. We decided to go without.. It will save us $66.. We will eat a big breakfast, bring packaged snacks and stay until we are ready to eat. We may forgo lfk altogether and opt for the free each, I haven't decided yet.

We did LFK in January and I agree you can skip the lunch. We did the lunch package and I would save the $66.

Loved LFK and would go back in a heartbeat.

I just sent an email asking about food options because I realized they have a pizza place and another food place listed on their website...I asked for food choices and prices and this is what I got back from them:

"if someone gets the $55 package they do have option to order food as well and the choices are many including hot wings, stewed island chicken, grilled

shrimps a variety of salad etc. The prices including kids meal starts from

$6 to $35 for a party platter that serves four.

The drinks start are from $3 to $7 including alcoholic drinks."

I think we will just got with the $55 package as well because we don't care about the kayaks and water chairs or other stuff like that. Then we can eat what we want.

I just sent an email asking about food options because I realized they have a pizza place and another food place listed on their website...I asked for food choices and prices and this is what I got back from them:

"if someone gets the $55 package they do have option to order food as well and the choices are many including hot wings, stewed island chicken, grilled

shrimps a variety of salad etc. The prices including kids meal starts from

$6 to $35 for a party platter that serves four.

The drinks start are from $3 to $7 including alcoholic drinks."

I think we will just got with the $55 package as well because we don't care about the kayaks and water chairs or other stuff like that. Then we can eat what we want.

Great info! We will probably choose to do the same thing.

Oh, one other thing is that they did confirm that the $55 package does not come with then use of the kayaks, paddle boards, etc. You can rent that stuff for $25 for the day. However, we aren't concerned with that, but I wanted to mention it in case it was important to anyone.

We are just going to bring our masks and snorkel around by ourselves I think, and then relax!!

Sorry if I'm overloading you, but I also just received this email. I guess two different people are answering my emails and didn't realize someone already sent the other one.

"We have a recently installed Pizza oven on the beach and the prices per

pizza are from $17 to 25 and we have at least 5 different flavors.

Our extensive food items start from $6 (kids food) up the $35 party

platter that includes chicken wings, steak bites and much more."

Heres my issue..i want to use Kayaks i want to eat and drink .But im allergic to seafood dont eat red meat and that bbq plate does not look appealing to me .I e mailed hoping they can substitute the meal if i do a pkg.If not its way to pricey.55 to get in 25 kayaks 7 per drink 20 pizza ect...

Heres my issue..i want to use Kayaks i want to eat and drink .But im allergic to seafood dont eat red meat and that bbq plate does not look appealing to me .I e mailed hoping they can substitute the meal if i do a pkg.If not its way to pricey.55 to get in 25 kayaks 7 per drink 20 pizza ect...

Loved LFK, but I would be careful. If you are truly allergic to seafood I would be worried about cross contamination.

You may want to skip the meals.

I would hope that they would just substitute, i.e., let you get the pizza or something else in place of the other meal. The pizza place is very new to the island so they probably haven't thought about revising the packages to reflect more food offerings.

Please understand you are going to an island off the coast of the third world country... supplies are brought in by boat, everything has to be brought in by boat. Those who live in the island eat and prepare what happens to be at the available at the time.. I have been in the markets when there was no lettuces, no milk even and very limited produce.

I am sorry but if is not like they can pop out to Safeway just to happen upon something to fit your needs. They may be able to accommodate you BUT don't get cranky if they can not. As a natter of fact I think I remember a post about LFK running out of food all together.

They may be a third world country but manage to operate a 5 star restaurant on site as well so other food is available.I emailed and they can substitute pizza for the platter in the package .I am an extremely easy going person and would be happy with peanut butter and jelly

They may be a third world country but manage to operate a 5 star restaurant on site as well so other food is available.I emailed and they can substitute pizza for the platter in the package .I am an extremely easy going person and would be happy with peanut butter and jelly

very cool... err. I doubt it is five star by say NY City ratings. :)

Good to know. I might get the higher package and order different meals since there are 5 of us and we can all try different things.

I don't think I can make myself spend that much extra just for lunch either. We will be on Carnival and could just use the beach at the port but I would bet it is just SO crowded!

We will be in Roatan in February on RCCL Anthem of the Seas. Which terminal we will dock - Mahogany Bay’s Terminal or Coxen Hole Port of Roatan Terminal? How far is LFK from the Terminal?

Should be coxen hole. Carnival is MB.

We were just here. The first thing I will say is this place is HEAVEN!!! We ended up doing the $98.00 package, which included the food and 2 drinks plus the guided snorkeling tour over the coral reef. When i arrived I was only going to do the $55.00 package, but changed my mind after talking with the owner. If your going to do anything extra DO THE SNORKELING! It is unbelievable. It is worth every penny. We even had a lady on our boat say she had been a lot of places in the world snorkeling including Greece and this was the best by far! If we had more time we would have paid to go again!!! In regards to the food. It was ok. The one thing that I noticed was these plates are already prepared and pretty much ready for you when you order which was nice because the place is so beautiful you don't want to wait around for your food you want to enjoy the island!! My daughter however ordered a hot dog and fries and that took FOREVER to get. This is not a place you can go to and then go back to the boat and eat and then go back to the island. From the Coxen Hole port it was about a 15-20 minute drive. I will say when you get off the ship and you are trying to find Dave & Larry that can be a little overwhelming, however we found out right away if you just say we are looking for Dave & Larry everyone knows them and they just keep pointing you in their direction. The day we were there we lucked out because we were the only ship in port and the island only had 40 people on it that day. Talk about feeling like you were on a private island!! I hope this information helps.