Ceuta, Spain

Wayfairers

Having only spent one day there, I have nothing much to offer beyond what is available on the Spanish tourism website.

http://www.spain.info/en_US/resultadosBusqueda/resultadosBusqueda.html?l=en_US&q=ceuta&buscar=Search&s=relevance&bg=true

While I think it is a very interesting choice for a port of call, there are issues with migrants there and the border with Morocco is heavily protected and there are at times issues arising from this problem.

It is also to be noted that there are districts of Ceuta that should absolutely be avoided and have such high crime that it is even said the police do not enter. El Principe district is the most well known area to be avoided.

Been there on a tour from Spain 31 years ago. We also went into Morocco, can't remember the nearby city.

I would not pay to go there again. However, we did a cruise that stopped in Casablanca and Agadir, which was nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm shocked by what I've read. We were there last year and loved it. It is a beautiful part of the world, clean, wonderful statues, (Hercules), and easy to get around. We actually rode the local buses for the day and saw all of it including the border entrance to Morocco. The buses leave in the middle of the main square and they all leave and return to the same spot. There was 1 bus that took us to the Muslim area and we were the only tourists on board but we ever felt unsafe. There is also a wonderful walkway along the waterfront.

If I was to see we were going back, I would be thrilled. Beautiful port and very easy to see it all.

I'm shocked by what I've read. We were there last year and loved it. It is a beautiful part of the world, clean, wonderful statues, (Hercules), and easy to get around. We actually rode the local buses for the day and saw all of it including the border entrance to Morocco. The buses leave in the middle of the main square and they all leave and return to the same spot. There was 1 bus that took us to the Muslim area and we were the only tourists on board but we ever felt unsafe. There is also a wonderful walkway along the waterfront.

If I was to see we were going back, I would be thrilled. Beautiful port and very easy to see it all.

Thanks for that DarDee. We are stopping at Ceuta on our cruise in May and I was beginning to think we had made a mistake but your post has reassured me.

• 8 months later...