Freedom Aft Cabin

FitzLA

I am truly sorry as I am sure this question has been asked a million times, so bare with me a little.

Okay, so I just talked to a really nice guy at RCL, and asked all kinds of questions. Basically, he told me the the Freedom was exactly the same design as the Voyager Class just longer and wider. Which we already knew. So, here is my question to any of you who have sailed in aft cabins. Since this will be my 1st time, I am a little concerned. We are in 7408 which is aft corner on the starboard side. Exactly the same as the aft corner on Voyager. My question is how obstructed is the view. I know the balcony is quite a bit larger, but is the obstruction really bad. I like to sit out on my balcony and watch the sea go by, and I like to get up early on port days and have a little coffee on the balcony and watch us pull into port. Will I be totally disapointed? I would like to hear from those who do and don't like them and why. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fitz: Something as specific as this, I think, will only be answered after she has been launched and someone has sailed on her. Even knowing that she'll be "same as Voyager only longer and wider" just doesn't give you detailed information about the superstructure and balcony layout.

You'll just have to wait! ;)

I am asking about the aft corner cabins on the Voyager Class, as I was told by a rccl employee that this will be the same, so if I get feedback on the Voyager Class, I will know more what to expect. They are the same in design, and both have those big metal plates around the back of the ship. Just let me know experiences with aft on Voyager Class, and that will make me happy...I obviously know that Freedom has not been launched, but people with experience with aft cabins can still be of help to me so that I can make a room change if I need to before she sells out for my sailing date.

Thanks again!

If it is basically the same layout, does anyone know if they have that great configuration that we always get on the Voyager class ships.

The last 3 cruises I have been on, I was able to get, on deck 9 aft, our balcony room connecting to an inside for my kids. There are only 4 of these on the ship so wondered if Freedom has those too? If so, I may check out the prices. Thank you very much.

No, on deck 10 they have done away with those adjoining cabins on Freedom. Now there is an unconnected Oceanview cabin in it's place. But it looks like they moved down one deck to deck 9: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=FR&shipProfile=1161&sailDate=1060604&hasNavigation=false

So you can still look at booking it, you'll just be down one deck. Also, I think on the previous Voyager class ships the inside was connected to a D1 category. Now it looks like it's connected to a D2. So you might save a little money!;)

Tim, did you get a look at those pictures? We probably won't know for sure what those cabins look like until after the first cruise, when someone can bring back actual pictures.

Thank you. They were on Deck 9 on EOS and NOS and I see that they are still on deck 9 but now oceanview as you mention. My kids would be happy with that LOL

hhhhmmmm…..

I do have some trips planned for 06, Serenade cruise and then week in PR, 2 weeks at the NJ Shore and then a week in Disney in the fall, not including my sons Communion party but maybe I can work on my husband for 07?

Thank you all very much!

Archived