cruise charges

spanishguy1970

It used to be on the Gem but i am wondering if on the Jade you are able to see your on board account on your tv. I have been in an inside cabin on the Star and Jewel and inside cabins don't have that option but i am wondering if that is still the case.

Thank you.

So it looks like the Dawn doesn't show the charges on the tv, either. How can we find out? I basically just want to make sure all of my OBC is on my account at the beginning of the sailing, and then I can keep track. Do I have to go to guest services? Any way to call instead?

Thanks!

So it looks like the Dawn doesn't show the charges on the tv, either. How can we find out? I basically just want to make sure all of my OBC is on my account at the beginning of the sailing, and then I can keep track. Do I have to go to guest services? Any way to call instead?

Thanks!

We just go to guest services. Usually go midway through a 7 day cruise. Maybe check the second day of the cruise to see if your OBC is there

On the Gem you could only check your on board account on your tv for Balcony staterooms and above not inside cabins or ocean views. We were told the Jade was the same, but i guess is not the case. I guess we will go the old fashion way getting a copy of our charges at the Guest services desk.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

On the Gem you could only check your on board account on your tv for Balcony staterooms and above not inside cabins or ocean views. We were told the Jade was the same, but i guess is not the case. I guess we will go the old fashion way getting a copy of our charges at the Guest services desk.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Are you sure about the Gem? I don't remember being able to do that and we were in suites on our last 2 Gem cruises.

Are you sure about the Gem? I don't remember being able to do that and we were in suites on our last 2 Gem cruises.

yes i am sure, but this was back in 2009, 2010 both Balcony staterooms. In fact the Cruise Consultant " Paloma" back in 2010 said that the new ships will also have that option, that's why i was wondering. I know the Jade is not a new ship but is in the same category as the Gem.

Edited by qtaromar1970

yes i am sure, but this was back in 2009, 2010 both Balcony staterooms. In fact the Cruise Consultant " Paloma" back in 2010 said that the new ships will also have that option, that's why i was wondering. I know the Jade is not a new ship but is in the same category as the Gem.

I don't know how I missed that. We were on the Gem in 2012 and 2013, both times in suites and never noticed it was available. Maybe we missed it on the Pearl last year too.

I was on the Jewel earlier this year - downloaded their iConcierge app (it was free then - I recall reading that now there's a charge to use) and could check my account through the app on my phone. Very convenient.

Just checked - looks like it's still free to check your "folio" but not available on the Jade...

NOW NORWEGIANS CAN UNWIND, UNPLUG AND STILL STAY CONNECTED.

Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star and Pride Of America. You can plan your playtime with just one hand — which is great because your other hand will probably be holding an umbrella drink.

You can access on-demand information and real-time services, including:

•Shore Excursions Previews and Bookings

•Restaurant Information with Menus and Bookings

•Folio Review

•General Information, such as Onboard Services, Spa Services, and Shopping

•Daily Activities Highlights

•Cruise Rewards Information

•Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise)

•Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Once you are onboard, access the Norwegian iConcierge app for step-by-step instructions on how to connect onboard.

How to use the Norwegian iConcierge app

To reach guests who are sailing onboard Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star or Pride Of America using the Norwegian iConcierge Phone Feature, please call: 1-877-308-5605 (Toll-Free, US Only) or 305-400-4629 (Local or Outside US), select the ship the guest is sailing on, and dial their stateroom number or their direct extension.

Edited by nyscilla
More information

Just checked - looks like it's still free to check your "folio" but not available on the Jade...

Our Norwegian iConcierge app keeps you informed about everything going on, lets you make reservations for Shore Excursions and more on board Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star and Pride Of America. You can plan your playtime with just one hand — which is great because your other hand will probably be holding an umbrella drink.

•Folio Review

•Messenger/Phone Features with Other Guests during your cruise (Nominal One-Time Fee During Cruise)

•Phone Calling with Family and Friends Back Home (Nominal Per Minute Fee During Cruise)

Once you are onboard, access the Norwegian iConcierge app for step-by-step instructions on how to connect onboard.

To reach guests who are sailing onboard Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Star or Pride Of America using the Norwegian iConcierge Phone Feature, please call: 1-877-308-5605 (Toll-Free, US Only) or 305-400-4629 (Local or Outside US), select the ship the guest is sailing on, and dial their stateroom number or their direct extension.

Thank you, i know about the Iconcierge app but as soon as i get on the ship i turn off my phone ( any gadget) and never look back...so is not something i would use...thank you again

I know the Jade is not a new ship but is in the same category as the Gem.

Gem is the newest of Jewel class ships and only non-megaship with interactive TV system. All older ships will have to rely on iConciege as they are updated.

We had a mini-suite on the Gem and just got off on 10/3. We could see our account on the TV.

It actually had another person listed in our room too, so we asked at the Services desk. They didn't show this other person in our room, and assured us there was no one else on our account. We checked frequently to make sure the other person didn't have charges, and about three days into the cruise she disappeared from the display.

Thanks!

Were on Dawn 8/28-9/4/15 in balcony room. Had to go to Guest Services to get print out with our OBC. It was not a big deal. It was quick and most pleasant experience.

•Folio Review

Would love to do this, especially for the texting part since we are traveling with extended family, but the Dawn doesn't offer it yet. Probably after dry dock.