GoPro or Underwater Camera?

widallas

We plan on doing some snorkeling on our upcoming cruise and would like something a little better than a disposable camera, but don't feel the need to invest in an expensive housing for our current camera. Have people had success using GoPros and pulling stills or have you found an inexpensive (read: under $150) under water camera that does the trick?

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]A good place to ask this question is on the Photography section at this link:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118[/URL][/QUOTE]

Agree.

[quote name='widallas']We plan on doing some snorkeling on our upcoming cruise and would like something a little better than a disposable camera, but don't feel the need to invest in an expensive housing for our current camera. Have people had success using GoPros and pulling stills or have you found an inexpensive (read: under $150) under water camera that does the trick?[/QUOTE]

My go pro (before I killed it) had a setting where it took a still at pre set intervals, or on pushing the shutter button.

Daughter has a Canon underwater 30 d I think that's pretty sweet I think she paid under $200 for it.

if just snorkeling a disposable u/w is typically fine .....

a GoPro can take great u/w video ... but there are many models of GoPro .... guess which ones take the best shots?

A disposable camera will cost around $15 and a low end GoPro 10x that . .. Edited by Capt_BJ

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]A good place to ask this question is on the Photography section at this link:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118[/URL][/QUOTE]

Lots of information there already -- didn't even know it was there! Thanks....