Bringing wine onboard

vmcpa

It wasn't a TRAVEL AGENT. It was the customer service agent for Celebrity; I had a bunch of questions as a first-timer. She was emphatic that it wasn't allowed without the corkage. Sorry for being unclear. Hopefully the boat staff aren't listening to her!

It wasn't a TRAVEL AGENT. It was the customer service agent for Celebrity; I had a bunch of questions as a first-timer. She was emphatic that it wasn't allowed without the corkage. Sorry for being unclear. Hopefully the boat staff aren't listening to her!

You are only charged corkage if you bring the wine into the common areas or the dining room. You are fine with 2 bottles in your stateroom with no fees assessed.

I believe holland american now charges the corkage fee when you board....but Celebrity does not. Your TA was probably confused.

Note/hint...the corkage fee is only charged if you bring the BOTTLE to the dining room. If you bring a glass of wine, be it from a bar or your cabin, there is no corkage fee.

I understand that each person can take 2 bottles of wine onboard to enjoy while in their cabins. If it is taken to the dining room, I believe that there is a corkage fee. Recently, I took a Norwegian cruise and I was charged the corkage fee before I even boarded the ship. Does Celebrity charge a fee for bottles carried on or ones that are opened and enjoyed in the dining room.

Guests are not allowed to bring beer or hard liquor onboard for consumption or any other use. Guests wishing to bring personal wine onboard with them at the beginning of the cruise may do so, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom, but when consumed in any shipboard restaurant, bar, or dining venue, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00.