NYC Pier 88 luggage drop off then park (?)

Kreativ' Gal

The NY Cruise Terminal website states:

Luggage Drop Off

Passengers arriving by private car should first park, and then drop off luggage on the second level for check-in. Passengers requiring parking are unable to drop off bags and then park without exiting the terminal.

-------------------------

I'm looking for someone to confirm that you CAN drop off your luggage and exit the terminal, drive around the block and then go park?

Our first cruise, we parked and had to lug our bags and a case of water 1/2 mile to the elevators, it was a pain in the rump.

I'd like to just drop off the bags then go park. Is this possible? :):confused::)

I was so nervous last time I have no idea how I even found the pier :eek: I really can't recall the layout.

TIA!

Here you go, this is one of the best pictorial info guide on driving to MCT and roof-top parking, etc. written by fellow CC'r here ... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057865&highlight=parking+instructions

If you drive straight up to level 3 to the parking level for cruising, after payment & getting the vehicle "checked" & "sniffed" - you can drop off the rest of your party curbside first, unload the luggage & bottled water, etc. before driving down further out for the nearest parking spot of your choice.

If you drive to level 2 to check-in & do the curbside dropoff, yes - you will need to exit the parking structure completely & wait for the traffic light, go across 12th Avenue & turn around to go north, then up to 55th Street for another left & across the Avenue again & keep right to go park the vehicle ... depending on traffic & pier situations (i.e. 2 or 3 ships in port on that day, etc.) - this "routine" can easily take 30 to 45 minutes. Allow plenty of extra time if you intend to board early after getting there in the morning.

On our last cruise, we were not allowed to drop our party and luggage at the elevator, we had to park. Fortunately, we got there early, and were t that far away. Traffic build up quickly, so making another loop will take some time.we just put our case of water on some rolling luggage.

Last week we had no trouble dropping our luggage off near the elevator before I parked the car. In fact the gentleman who handles the friendly bomb-sniffing dog even suggested we do it.

As I recall the only time we couldn't do it was when there was a line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot and they didn't want traffic to get backed up even more.

Last week we had no trouble dropping our luggage off near the elevator before I parked the car. In fact the gentleman who handles the friendly bomb-sniffing dog even suggested we do it.

As I recall the only time we couldn't do it was when there was a line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot and they didn't want traffic to get backed up even more.

I couldn't understand why we weren't allowed. There was one car in front of us, one behind (it was only 9:30), and they wouldn't let the car in front of us unload either. Maybe because there were some pretty close spots?