IOS Junior Suite

I realized today I'm starting to get really neurotic with my cruise planning. We are on IOS November 21st. I started out with a Superior Balcony. Then I was able to upgrade to the Deluxe (is that right?) and got Cabin 1400. Which sounded awesome thanks to the folks here! I just saw one junior suite available (for 3 passengers, plenty for 2!) and grabbed it. So now we are in Cabin 1300 Deck 10. Anyone have experience with this particular cabin? Or Junior Suites in general?

Thanks!

I realized today I'm starting to get really neurotic with my cruise planning. We are on IOS November 21st. I started out with a Superior Balcony. Then I was able to upgrade to the Deluxe (is that right?) and got Cabin 1400. Which sounded awesome thanks to the folks here! I just saw one junior suite available (for 3 passengers, plenty for 2!) and grabbed it. So now we are in Cabin 1300 Deck 10. Anyone have experience with this particular cabin? Or Junior Suites in general?

Thanks!

We really enjoy the JS staterooms. Very large walk-in closet, bathtub, and lots of space. The balcony may even have a lounger. You will be spoiled

A JS is most like a hotel-sized room...larger bath (somewhat larger than a standard, anyway...still won't fit 2 people!), big walk-in closet, nice sitting area and wider balcony. Nothing wrong with deck 10...only one easy flight to the pool!

BTW...superior is better than 'deluxe'!

Edited by cb at sea

We really enjoy the JS staterooms. Very large walk-in closet, bathtub, and lots of space. The balcony may even have a lounger. You will be spoiled

Ditto, although we have not had a lounger before, we always joke that we didn't pack enough to fill the closet. ImageUploadedByForums1444852224.907588.jpg.51e4e9078bb76ca0ff215ff65a47b445.jpg

Thanks! I always get that wrong in my head. To me deluxe sounds better! Sounds like changing to the Junior Suite was a good choice. I guess I can still always hope for an upgrade of some sort too :)

I agree with all of Bob's reasons for the JS! (You also get double C&A points.)

Since you mentioned hoping for an upgrade: I prefer the JS over the GS if you're just comparing the room itself. The balcony and bathroom in a GS are better but the bar/closet area (for us anyhow) was a lot of wasted space.

The problem with some ships is js suites are very noisy being below the pool area and windjammer Aussie

it wasn't an issue for us on deck 10 last week on independence. we were not in a junior suite but we were in a superior balcony btwn two jr suites. it was very quiet. i will do my best to find junior suites in similar locations on my future cruises. deck 10 on independence was perfect.

I agree with all of Bob's reasons for the JS! (You also get double C&A points.)

Since you mentioned hoping for an upgrade: I prefer the JS over the GS if you're just comparing the room itself. The balcony and bathroom in a GS are better but the bar/closet area (for us anyhow) was a lot of wasted space.

Finally someone who agrees with me...I always take the JS over the GS...Hate that bar area and limited access to the closet...the additional perks also don't mean much at this point.

Finally someone who agrees with me...I always take the JS over the GS...Hate that bar area and limited access to the closet...the additional perks also don't mean much at this point.

I agree with you too. Much rather have a JS than a GS.