Gondola Ride in early Nov.???

rmmbc

Hi ~ I am going to be in Venice, departing at midnight on a Viking cruise. I want to take a gondola ride while I'm there. I really want to do an early evening/sunset ride, but am wondering if it will be too cold. Would love people's advice and/or tips on this. I had an evening tour booked through the cruise line, but decided to cancel that one & try to do it on my own. Thanks!

We took a gondola ride in mid October. It was not cold at all. Dress for the weather and enjoy.

If you time things right you can pay daytime prices and have your trip last into evening. Be sure to negotiate and to be clear how long your trip will be and where. It is the back canals which were magical to me but you want enough light to be able to see. Then you can end up on the grand canal at or near sunset.

We took a gondola ride in mid October. It was not cold at all. Dress for the weather and enjoy.

If you time things right you can pay daytime prices and have your trip last into evening. Be sure to negotiate and to be clear how long your trip will be and where. It is the back canals which were magical to me but you want enough light to be able to see. Then you can end up on the grand canal at or near sunset.

Thank you, Mary Ann! I hope it works out for us since we will only be in Venice for about 12 hours.

Will it be cold? It's anyones guess.

We were in Venice in late October.

First day was cold. Second day started off cold and then got warm.

Third day warm.

In November the key is to layer so if it is cold you can add clothing and if not you don't need so much.

Also it could be dry or pouring down and even there could be some floods.

Weather is unpredictable as it is in many parts of the world.

Keith

you don't have to decide now !

Wait until you arrive and see how weather conditions are. Walk around and determine what kind of gondola experience you want .... the Grand Canal with more traffic but famous sites? or quiet side canal with local charm ?

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/gallivanting_by_gondola.htm