Panoramic oceanview rooms on Grandeur

padgman1

I'm noticing rooms on the 7th deck of Grandeur called "Panoramic Oceanview rooms" near the midship elevator. Anyone know how to book these rooms on RCI's website? Are these rooms just Balcony-sized rooms without the balcony? Are these rooms about the same price as Balcony cabins or significantly less expensive?

I'm noticing rooms on the 7th deck of Grandeur called "Panoramic Oceanview rooms" near the midship elevator. Anyone know how to book these rooms on RCI's website? Are these rooms just Balcony-sized rooms without the balcony? Are these rooms about the same price as Balcony cabins or significantly less expensive?

They are typically less expensive than balcony staterooms. They should be listed in the Outside Staterooms super category.

With the way Royal has destroyed their website with the latest updates, you may have trouble displaying this category. Try specifying the stateroom number directly to get the website to switch to this category.

Edited by clarea

They are typically less expensive than balcony staterooms. They should be listed in the Outside Staterooms super category.

With the way Royal has destroyed their website with the latest updates, you may have trouble displaying this category. Try specifying the stateroom number directly to get the website to switch to this category.

I've had no trouble finding the Pano View rooms on the new website. When I select the "ocean view" category, it gave me the option of the regular ocean view rooms or the Pano View rooms, and from there you can switch the exact cabin number.

I've had no trouble finding the Pano View rooms on the new website. When I select the "ocean view" category, it gave me the option of the regular ocean view rooms or the Pano View rooms, and from there you can switch the exact cabin number.

Thanks for the update. At least that is one sub-category that can be selected on the new website.

they were carved out of what used to be the library, computer room and the D and C Lounges. bigger than an inside but I would not say they are bigger than a standard balcony. but the floor to ceiling glass wall makes it seem a lot larger.

they look very nicely laid out

they were carved out of what used to be the library, computer room and the D and C Lounges. bigger than an inside but I would not say they are bigger than a standard balcony. but the floor to ceiling glass wall makes it seem a lot larger.

they look very nicely laid out

Correct, but they are definitely bigger than a std balcony room. On Legend they are 220 sqft. Balconies are 153, even Superior balconies are only 190. JS is only 230.

Had one on Enchantment, which is a sister ship. If they are similar to that ship, the hallway for the rooms is recessed to provide a sort of sound barrier wall between the doors and the Centrum. The hallway is about the depth of the balconies...so the rooms are very similar in size to balcony rooms. I can't recall where, but I remember reading that the rooms on Deck 8 were 191 sq ft and the ones on Deck 7 were 200 sq ft. Or vice versa.

I would book this category again, for sure. Great location...and loved the big window and the window "seat".

• 3 weeks later...

The last 4 cruises on The Lady G, I have stayed in rooms 7088 & 7086 (Preferred Oceanview Stateroom). The room is a great size without the balcony. Window is 7x7. The price is more then the oceanview room but not as much as the balcony rooms. We like the room very much. Booked in room 7088 in June 2016. (They book fast)

• 2 weeks later...