Wow! Conde Nast readers rate Celebrity 6th

C 2 C

I can't speak from experience, but the handful of people I have spoken to that have actually sailed on Disney say it's heads above any of the major cruise lines; food, service, everything. However, check their prices, they are not cheap.

As you can see, we've had a number of cruise experiences. Count me among the minority who do not feel that DCL is the best. We took our entire family on a seven day Fantasy cruise last year. There were many things that were extraordinary - activities, child centers, private island, upkeep. Food was not one of them - no hot breakfast items on their room service menu, poor omelet station, lack of variety in buffet, to name a few. Service was neither better of worse than other ships. Our aft stateroom was the noisiest we've ever had (general ship noises) and the motion was horrible on the entire ship. The pools are inadequate to handle the crowds - nothing more than pots of DNA soup! Noise levels in the dining rooms are crazy. I've never seen so many stressed out adults and children in my life. For the money we paid we could have taken two cruises on another line. Even our adult children agreed that we should try another line if we are to take the grandkids away again; they consensus was we prefer the Disney parks. It was magical to try once - but probably never again.

FWIW - we love Disney and are season passholders.

Many of the cruise lines are apple and oranges, as far as ratings and comparisons go. Our preference is Celebrity, and we do at least one X a year. However next week we will sail on Norwegian out of New York, for an inexpensive 10-day getaway. Very casual, good food especially in the less expensive specialty restaurants, fun, friendly accommodating service, and better entertainment than Celebrity.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at home or at work. I'll sail on almost any cruise line except Carnival.

We pay very little attention to these surveys. They are meaningless to us...much like the automobile surveys. And the surveys are not based on our particular cruise preferences.

We like Celebrity very much. But, after a long absence from Princess we took a South Pacific cruise on the Sun last Feb. The Sun Princess is an older ship but it turned out to be one of the best cruises that we have ever had. The food was absolutely top notch, as was the service. As good, or better than what we have had on Celebrity. Was it an anomaly..don't know. But long ago we decided that the ship was more important to us than the cruise line.

Three weeks after disembarking the Sun we took an RCI cruise. Not very good. It will be some time before we do that again notwithstanding that we had a very good RCI Med cruise last October. Diamond Club is nice but it is not in itself a reason for us to sail RCI

Solstice class ships are our favourite ships. But there are certainly many other great ships out there.

As anyone could have voted online......and could adjust their URL....Web address to vote multiple times, I would honestly say this is a highly unreliable list.

I fly around the world in First or Business class monthly and their airline listings are Way off and don't even mention Cathay Pacific....Which is an excellent airline with amazing Business and First products?

No Way NCL or Princess is coming in above Celebrity......Unless perhaps the survey was skewed because they take more passengers and thus may have more respondents?

I am convinced.....Like for many Tripadvisor reviews.....That someone hired a team of people in India to vote for them......My company was offered this to boost our ratings on tripadvisor for $250 per month....we Declined....but many do not.....I fear this survey is a victim of technology......

Celebrity is no Crystal, but they provide an across the board product that is superior to most large ships......Some ships do it better than others....Newer vs. older etc....However in my 100+ cruises, I think if Celebrity improved their main dining room and buffet food....they would have a winning hand. That said their bookings are incredibly strong.

Safe sails to all, This Survey holds no water.....

I can't speak of NCL since I haven't been on in years (but hearing great things lately from friends) but I did sail on Princess recently and was blown away. It had been years since I had been on Princess. Compared to Celebrity, I found the Regal Princess to have incredible shows, music, fun, younger crowd, great food, lovely mini suite, etc. I would rate the 2 on the same level with each having pros and cons.

I think that poor horse was beaten to death a week ago. Does it really matter what an unscientific poll says? Heck, does it really matter what a supposedly scientific poll says? If a particular cruise line appeals to you, take it. It's that simple. But I must admit, it is rather amusing to read the defenders of Celebrity. Better to insult their mothers than not like Celebrity. I hope they're getting a kick back from X :)