Ask Your Escape Questions!

Brittany C

How's the live music been? What and where can you find it? More specifically, what is the band(s) like at 5 o'clock bar/Margaritaville? Are they playing rock covers, 60s-70s rock covers or more of an island Caribbean sound? Or are they throwing in a few Jimmy Buffet covers? I'm envisioning a bands comparable to what you would see at the Tropical Isle(s) on Bourbon St; decent, but not great but does the job while your knocking down a few drinks.

How has the music/band been at the pool area? Rock, reggae, calypso? Steel drums?

Haven't been on the away ships, but I remember the Epic had the Blues/Jazz bar (which I know has since changed) and if I recall there was a solo act that would play out in front of the whiskey bar.

There is no exceptions to the 7pm entrance into the kids club. In fact, they will keep the door locked and it might be 7:06pm before they open up.

We have experienced a number of occasions where the kids club has opened before 7pm when there is a show starting at that time, for example. Especially on the Epic and Getaway, where in our experience they do it more often than not.

The other sticky thing about NCL is that the Kids Club is not open for regular programing while the ship is in port. Once the ship leaves port, then kids club resumes as normal but no Kids Club in port.

Again, this is the complete opposite of our experience. Other than the port play times, when they take the kids to lunch for a charge, the kids club is always available when in port. In fact, it is usually open longer on port days than it is on sea days, as it doesn't usually close for the couple of hours between 12 and 2 then then between 5 and 7.

I just called and switched my room on the Escape from an MA category to the guarantee MX category and saved $600. Is it correct that I will be placed in one of the two MX staterooms on Deck 8? After I got the email, a room was not yet assigned. However, I went to try and book another MX room on the website right after to see what it would say and it gave me the option to pick 8114 as my room. Does this mean I will be given 8714? I know it's a guarantee room, but since there are only 2, can I call and request 8114?

I know it's a guarantee room, but since there are only 2, can I call and request 8114?
An MX is a guarantee than you will assigned a mini-suite (or better). It could be on any of the decks between 8 and 15 since they all contain mini suites. It could be assigned a few weeks before you sail or not until the day before, there is no rhyme or reason as to where or when your guaranteed cabin will be assigned to you. The only guarantee is that you'll receive a mini suite at a minimum. You may not like the view from your balcony or the location on the ship, but that is the chance you take when you roll the dice and choose a guarantee assignment. You always have the option to upgrade to a confirmed cabin, assuming they're available when you receive your guarantee assignment, but you'll pay the additional fee for that privilege.

I upgraded from a balcony (BE) to guarantee mini suite (MX) today due to the price drop. I kept my UBP & SDP and getting refund of $95. My reservation confirmation lists cabin 8114. I thought cabin assignments would come later?! Is this a large balcony where you can fit a lounger? Anyone see any posts regarding this cabin? Thanks in advance :)

Edited by abv973

An MX is a guarantee than you will assigned a mini-suite (or better). It could be on any of the decks between 8 and 15 since they all contain mini suites. It could be assigned a few weeks before you sail or not until the day before, there is no rhyme or reason as to where or when your guaranteed cabin will be assigned to you. The only guarantee is that you'll receive a mini suite at a minimum. You may not like the view from your balcony or the location on the ship, but that is the chance you take when you roll the dice and choose a guarantee assignment. You always have the option to upgrade to a confirmed cabin, assuming they're available when you receive your guarantee assignment, but you'll pay the additional fee for that privilege.

This doesn't sound right though. There are only 2 cabins that are category MX on the Escape 8114 and 8714, so shouldn't these be the only two cabins I can be assigned? I can go on NCL.com right now and book an MX cabin and it gives me the option to choose my room as 8114.

You'd be fine with either, as there's not much difference.

Thanks so much! We are very flexible cruisers and nothing really bothers us, so know we will have a great time no matter what, but were just wondering about what we were reading! :rolleyes:

Appreciate the time you took to answer!! :D

I upgraded from a balcony (BE) to guarantee mini suite (MX) today due to the price drop. I kept my UBP & SDP and getting refund of $95. My reservation confirmation lists cabin 8114. I thought cabin assignments would come later?! Is this a large balcony where you can fit a lounger? Anyone see any posts regarding this cabin? Thanks in advance :)

I too switched to an MX cabin after the price drop, except from an MA to an MX. It is my understanding there are two MX cabins, 8114 and 8714.

It's the same as the other Large Balcony Mini-Suite Cabins on Deck 8 from what I have read, the only difference is it is all the way forward. The cabin mini-suite next to it is basically identical but is $300 cheaper a person.

I believe it has loungers and a table and chairs.

I too switched to an MX cabin after the price drop, except from an MA to an MX. It is my understanding there are two MX cabins, 8114 and 8714.

It's the same as the other Large Balcony Mini-Suite Cabins on Deck 8 from what I have read, the only difference is it is all the way forward. The cabin mini-suite next to it is basically identical but is $300 cheaper a person.

I believe it has loungers and a table and chairs.

Sweet! or should I say Suite lol

This doesn't sound right though. There are only 2 cabins that are category MX on the Escape 8114 and 8714, so shouldn't these be the only two cabins I can be assigned? I can go on NCL.com right now and book an MX cabin and it gives me the option to choose my room as 8114.
There are only 2 category MX cabins on deck 8, but there are other MX cabins on each and every deck from 9 through 15. The link below should help.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/escape/deck-plans

Click on expand all and scroll down to where the MX category is and it will say that they are located on each and every deck from 8-15.

I see that the other decks list the MX category as being on the deck. However, none can actually be found to the map on the right except for Deck 8. It is the off-orange color and only is used for two cabins.
Click on the down triangle next to where it says deck 8. It will then give you the option to choose any of the other decks. When you click on that deck, it will then show you all of the other off-orange MX cabin options for decks 9 through 15.

Click on the down triangle next to where it says deck 8. It will then give you the option to choose any of the other decks. When you click on that deck, it will then show you all of the other off-orange MX cabin options for decks 9 through 15.

I did that but none of the other decks have cabins with the matching color. Can you point out one for me? I've looked at all of them.

Interesting. Do you know what deck? Unlike the plans for Escape, the Getaway deck plans do not show the MX as being on any deck but 8.

I'm just extremely confused because I can go to NCL.com and book guarantee mini-suite right now on my same cruise and it gives me the option to choose my stateroom, with the only option being 8114.

Interesting. Do you know what deck? Unlike the plans for Escape, the Getaway deck plans do not show the MX as being on any deck but 8.

I'm just extremely confused because I can go to NCL.com and book guarantee mini-suite right now on my same cruise and it gives me the option to choose my stateroom, with the only option being 8114.

It didn't show a deck just said it could be any deck any room

Being able to choose a stateroom ahead of time is not what a guarantee is. The guarantee is that you'll be placed by NCL in any mini suite (or possibly better) anywhere on board and the actual assignment could happen weeks before your sailing or even the day before you sail. Read the paragraph on NCL.com that states what a mini suite MX entails and it will confirm what I am stating.

Being able to choose a stateroom ahead of time is not what a guarantee is. The guarantee is that you'll be placed by NCL in any mini suite (or possibly better) anywhere on board and the actual assignment could happen weeks before your sailing or even the day before you sail. Read the paragraph on NCL.com that states what a mini suite MX entails and it will confirm what I am stating.

I booked my gty mini suite yesterday. My confirmation email had my assigned cabin listed, 8114. Was that cabin number given because it is a "token" MX cabin and my actual cabin might differ or that's my assigned cabin and it won't change?

Still confused, can you explain why if I book online an MX cabin right now on NCL.com for my exact cruise date it gives me the option to select cabin 8114 as my room?

I understand what a GTY room is but I had been given information on another thread that the two GTY mini-suites on deck 8 could be booked as regular rooms as others have done before. It seems like 8114 is a bookable cabin, so I should just be able to call and switch into this cabin right since I have the option on the website? I'll still be in the guarantee category but will have an assigned room.

Edited by mattio

Does anyone know where I can find the showtimes on the Escape, I want to book dinner reservations but don't know when to schedule them.

when you log into your ncl account, and view your vacation summary, you can book 3 of the shows under the "entertainment" tab.

Hope this helps!

When you call select the cabin they will/should tell you there's a charge from switching from guarantee to a confirmed cabin. The entire point of a guarantee fare is to give the line flexibility in where to put you, otherwise people would book the fare then just go pick a cabin.

Still confused, can you explain why if I book online an MX cabin right now on NCL.com for my exact cruise date it gives me the option to select cabin 8114 as my room?

I understand what a GTY room is but I had been given information on another thread that the two GTY mini-suites on deck 8 could be booked as regular rooms as others have done before. It seems like 8114 is a bookable cabin, so I should just be able to call and switch into this cabin right since I have the option on the website? I'll still be in the guarantee category but will have an assigned room.

When you call select the cabin they will/should tell you there's a charge from switching from guarantee to a confirmed cabin. The entire point of a guarantee fare is to give the line flexibility in where to put you, otherwise people would book the fare then just go pick a cabin.

True, but the fare for what I paid when I switched to a GTY over the phone (2 days ago) is the same fare I would be paying if I booked online right now and selected 8114 as my cabin. I will call and confirm tomorrow.