?? About Spencer Ambrose Jalousie Beach Break

Lainy67

Hey there - we are going to be in St. Lucia in December for the day. The excursions on Carnival I am not sure about. Has anyone done the Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose? If so, can you tell me about the location, snorkeling, beach, etc...

THanks!

Hey there - we are going to be in St. Lucia in December for the day. The excursions on Carnival I am not sure about. Has anyone done the Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose? If so, can you tell me about the location, snorkeling, beach, etc...

THanks!

There are numerous threads about Spencer Ambrose's tours, including the beaxh break. A quick search of.the forum brings them up. Here's a few: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2237603&highlight=spencer+ambrose

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228972&highlight=spencer+ambrose

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2262708&highlight=spencer+ambrose

Just a few, there are many more...

Your are Anse des Pitons, better known as Jalousie Beach. Free loungers are provided by the hotel, orher more comfortable ones are available for rent as are water sports, etc. Food and drinks are provided, there's also the hotel beaxh bar and restaurant for variety. The beaxh is public, you can wander, swim and enjoy anywhere along it you like, however hotel property is private. (ie umbrellas, loungers, etc).

Amazing scenery, and very good snorkeling, especially early in the day. Enjoy your visit.

THanks!

We did the Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer in May 2013 and loved it. We were also looking at the Carnival excursion, which sounded similar, but the Carnival excursion only allowed about an hour and a half to two hours at Jalousie Beach. For us, that wasn't long enough because we wanted to snorkel, I wanted pictures (beautiful beach), and we wanted time to just kick back and enjoy our surroundings. When we were researching before that cruise, Carnival did not provide lunch, so I don't know if they do now or not. With Spencer's tour, you'll get about five hours at the beach and lunch is provided & the food is very good. Beverages are also included (water, coke, diet coke, rum punch and Piton Beer). The snorkeling is right at Jalousie Beach and it's the best snorkeling I've seen. Fish, obviously, and the most colorful coral I've ever seen while snorkeling. Transportation is directly to Jalousie Beach by speedboat and Spencer's tour is usually the first group there, so you'll get first dibs on the free loungers, which are under trees and palapas, but can be moved to sun. The set time was 2:00 or 2:30pm to meet at the little pier and they will give you notice. You'll get back by speedboat, but this time there are several stops at different points of interests on the way back for the "sea tour". And they will get you back to the ship with time to spare. We just did the Land, Sea and Beach Adventure with Spencer last month and were just as happy. Next time we get back, we'll be doing the Jalousie Beach Break again.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! We meet again Holly! :D I really seem to be mimicking your cruise itinerary! We just booked with Spencer Abrose for the Jalousie Beach break tour & he said they get back at 3:30. Our ship leaves port at 4:00 & I thought that was cutting it close! Did you get back this close to the ship leaving? I don't want to miss the boat! This isn't a Carnival sponsored tour, so they won't wait for you!

Wow! We meet again Holly! :D I really seem to be mimicking your cruise itinerary! We just booked with Spencer Abrose for the Jalousie Beach break tour & he said they get back at 3:30. Our ship leaves port at 4:00 & I thought that was cutting it close! Did you get back this close to the ship leaving? I don't want to miss the boat! This isn't a Carnival sponsored tour, so they won't wait for you!

We looked into this before our Valor cruise when we did Spencer's tour and they had never gotten anyone back so late that they've missed the ship. That was the first non-Carnival sponsored tour we had ever done. There will be others from your ship on the tour and I'm pretty sure that they will get you back on time. I know when we booked through Spencer both times, they did have on the form where you let them know the date, which ship you'll be on and the times your ship is scheduled in port. They have everything organized and both times for us, there were set times and it ran like clock work. We were back at 3:30PM both times. We left at 5PM on both of our cruises though. Spencer is very reliable and I don't think they've ever gotten anyone back late.

Do you know if there will be any other ships in port the day you'll be there? There is a way to find out and if you don't know, I can look it up for you and let you know. I don't think we're allowed to post that site on CC, or I would.

That's good to know, I'm feeling a little more at ease now. Adventure Of The Seas will also be there with us. We get there at the same time, but they leave at 5 & we leave at 4.

Since your ship is leaving at 4PM, I'm guessing your "back on board" time will be at 3:30PM. Since there is another ship (and larger ship) in port with you, I don't know how that is handled. I'm sure if you have concerns about getting back timely that you can contact them through their website to inquire how that would be handled. They are accustomed to having more than one ship in port, with different departure times, through the winter months, so I'm sure they have things worked out. They do have multiple boats, not just one. I have found them to be very reliable as they do not want anyone getting back to the ships late.

It is, that's why I was a little concerned about getting back in time. I did email them back yesterday & got a confirmation today saying that they guarantee you won't miss the boat because they get you back 1 1/2 hrs. before you have to leave port, so since we leave port at 4:00, we will be back from the tour at 2:30. WHAT A RELIEF!!!! I love company's like that that work with your schedule to fit you in! Cudos & brownie points to them already & I haven't even gone yet! I'm so excited for this tour!! :D

It is, that's why I was a little concerned about getting back in time. I did email them back yesterday & got a confirmation today saying that they guarantee you won't miss the boat because they get you back 1 1/2 hrs. before you have to leave port, so since we leave port at 4:00, we will be back from the tour at 2:30. WHAT A RELIEF!!!! I love company's like that that work with your schedule to fit you in! Cudos & brownie points to them already & I haven't even gone yet! I'm so excited for this tour!! :D

Great!!! I was pretty sure that they had a plan set in place for dealing with passengers from two ships that left at different times. I'm sure you will have a great time.

When we used them last week, there were 2 Royal ships in at the same time and they were on 2 different sides of the port area. Spencer went to one ship and met that group and put them on a boat and his daughter met ours. We all met up after the boat ride to the first stop and it was a little disorganized at that point as they just filled what vans were there with everyone and you stayed with that group until after the boat ride back to the beach. When it was time to leave the beach, they separated us back into our original boats for the trip back to the ship.