Anthem Vs NCL breakaway

I have sailed the sister ships for both of these lines. Getaway and Quantum. There is not a wrong answer to that question. You should look at price, sail date and what activities do you and your son really want to do. If a ship has something you don't care to use it has no value to you.

Quantum/Anthem defiantly wins for any cold weather activities. The Sea plex was great sailing in March when it was cool outside.

Food is so very subjective. Jamies has been our favorite restaurant on any ship ever but that's me. IMO you get much better food on NCL when you pay for it so add that into your cost. The MDR is fine but a bit slow and not as many options as RCCL offers.

We cruises in a Balcony on Quantum and a minisuite on Getaway. If you are getting a balcony defiantly get a Large balcony on deck 8. The standard balcony's are tiny. Something they fixed on the new Escape. NCL Mini suit has the best bathroom outside of a suite. Quantum had the best storage for a family of 4 all in one room.

On Quantum I really enjoyed the Solarium so many pools and its free. Getaway has spice H2o its outside less pool and more party. The Thermal Spa on Getaway was fantastic and worth the money.

My DD was 13 on both cruises her pick is Getaway because of the ropes course and water slides. My DS 10 said Quantum because of the Xbox room. DD actually said put a flowrider on Getaway and it would be perfect. Both kids loved Ripcord but they could only do it once.

If your looking a suite Breakaway hands down the Haven complex can not be touched even with Rccl new suite program. Private pool, sundeck, hot tubs, lounge and restaurant. Rccl does have a suite only restaurant again we stayed in a balcony so couldn't eat there. But all the stuff I have read and researched on The Haven have made me book it for our next cruise.

We find the entertainment to be more alike than different. The Broadway production on Quantum beat anything on Getaway. But you will have different shows. On Getaway we loved having Howl at the moon and more standup comedy.

We enjoy both cruise lines and actually go back and forth between them. If you have any specific questions please ask

I've sailed on Getaway and soon AOS. I loved Getaway, except for one thing... the pools. The children are NOT allowed in the main pool and they are very strict on this. So, they get to swim in a pool that looks like an afterthought with its placement between 2 slides. My son hated he couldn't swim with us. Trust me, you don't want to be in the "kiddy" pool. On the flip side, I wasn't a fan of the adult pool because it was 7 feet deep. WTH? Who wants to tread water?

Edited by Glitter nails