Upgrade Fairy

wyeanni

The up grade fairy is alive and well. We just found out our balcony cabins (three of them) were upgraded to Mini Suites. This is for the July 11 Golden. We will still all be neighbors with adjoining balconies. WOW!

Hugs

Anni in Md.

Song of Norway- Carrib.

Daphne- Alaska

Stella Solaris - Med.

Wind Song - Tahiti

Stella Solaris - Amazon

Renaissance - Med

Grand Princess - Carrib.

Sun Princess - Canal

Royal Princess -

Transatlantic /Europe

Norway - Carrib.

Golden Princess - Carrib.

To repeat a question on another link...

how are you upgraded? and how do you find out?

This is our first cruise with Princess, so are upgrades more likely for repeaters?

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01

Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

Here is how I got the upgrades: I found out some of the CATS had lower prices. Called my TA and asked her about lowering our balcony price.

She said our CAT had not been lowered, BUT she offered us an upgrade to the Mini Suites,at no cost. Hubby and I have had Mini Suites bbefore before. This will be a first for our kids and their families. We were able to move the teens across the hall with no problems and no extra cost.

Hugs Anni Im Md.

Song of Norway- Carrib.

Daphne- Alaska

Stella Solaris - Med.

Wind Song - Tahiti

Stella Solaris - Amazon

Renaissance - Med

Grand Princess - Carrib.

Sun Princess - Canal

Royal Princess -

Transatlantic /Europe

Norway - Carrib.

On the Princess website, click on Already Booked and enter your booking number after your name. Go to Cruise Personalizer and scroll down and you will see your stateroom assignment. It has been said on these boards that the computer picks the upgrades and there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to them. I got my best upgrade on my first cruise. This time, we rec'd a 6 category upgrade. We aren't that thrilled because we were "upgraded" from a high inside to a low outside with obstructed view. It's all in how you look at it. This cruise, we will be closer to the dining room and on past cruises we were closer to the pool and Horizon Court.

Will you only get upgraded after final payment? Our final payment is due for the Golden July 11th sailing as of tomorrow. No word of upgrades yet, but I'll check w/ my TA when I put the final payment in.

First cruise - 7/11/04 on Golden Princess for our Honeymoon!!

The best way to get an upgrade is to watch prices, as Anni did. When you see a lower price for a higher cat cabin, call your TA immediately. I've been able to get "upgrades" this way on our past two cruises. One was from an inside to an obstructed view. The other was from a BD to a BA balcony cabin. On both, we ended up spending less money for a higher cat cabin.

The random type of upgrades can't be explained by reason. Some folks seem to get lucky. Other folks sail cruise after cruise and never get an upgrade.

Bethkal,

Call your TA today and see what they can do for you. Its the squeeky wheel that get the grease. At lest in our case it was. I have NOT made the final payment yet. Its not due till April 26 and they will just charge my Credit Card when its due.

Hugs

Anni in Md.

Song of Norway- Carrib.

Daphne- Alaska

Stella Solaris - Med.

Wind Song - Tahiti

Stella Solaris - Amazon

Renaissance - Med

Grand Princess - Carrib.

Sun Princess - Canal

Royal Princess -

Transatlantic /Europe

Norway - Carrib.

I am still waiting for my cabin assignment. I check the personalizer every day but so far no luck. Would it do any good to call Princess and ask them about it.

5/6 Regal Princess/ San Francisco

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;6;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Originally posted by minnjudy:

To repeat a question on another link...

how are you upgraded? and how do you find out?

This is our first cruise with Princess, so are upgrades more likely for repeaters?

It would seem that upgrades are more likely to reward repeat cruisers, but I am a first time cruiser with Princess and received an upgrade from an AA mini-suite, to a VS Vista suite.

I was pleasantly surprised and can't wait to experience an Aft suite. I've heard alot of good things about aft cabins with balconies. ;-)

MTS

How is what wyeanni described an upgrade? Isn't she just paying the current rate for a minisuite (which just happens to be what previously was the rate for the balcony)?

IMO, an upgrade is when the computer selects you for a category higher than what you booked.

A.Emgee,

We had our Balcony prices dropped twice in the last few weeks. What we are paying now for the Mini is less than the going price of$1099 per person for the balcony. We feel we were up graded icon_smile.gif

Hugs

Anni

Song of Norway- Carrib.

Daphne- Alaska

Stella Solaris - Med.

Wind Song - Tahiti

Stella Solaris - Amazon

Renaissance - Med

Grand Princess - Carrib.

Sun Princess - Canal

Royal Princess -

Transatlantic /Europe

Norway - Carrib.

Emgee. I have to agree. We booked a guarantee for lowest category mini suites on CP because they were cheaper than the balcony cabin we wanted (by some $200 a person). We were given an AA. That didn't really seem like an upgrade because of the special. None of the category of mini suites that were at the minimum were "bookable", but technically, I guess it is. Howerver, if I were given a suite. Yea baby that is an upgrade!

OK, so what if I have my booking number memorized and check every day? I really am happy with what we were given....but please upgrade fairy......shine on me!!!!

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess May 22, 2004

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

I had a lot of trouble finding an e-mail address. Go into the Circle Club and then on the left side of the page that comes up there are a few options to click on regarding membership. If you click on one of them, you will be able to e-mail them. I think our upgrade was just luck. We got it less than a week before we left.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>IMO, an upgrade is when the computer selects you for a category higher than what you booked. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A.Emgee I agree - if you can get a price reduction for your original category.

Some people feel they don't want to pay the price for the higher category SO... if by doing this makes them feel they were upgraded, rather than getting a higher category at a price they feel they want to pay, let them feel that way. They are upgrading themselves.

When the computer upgrades you to a higher category that is going for a higher price than you are paying for your category that is being upgraded.

Future cruises:

Sept. 04 Star Princess x 2

Jan. 05 Diamond Princess

July 05 Star Princess

Aug. 05 Star Pincess

Past cruises:

04 Dawn Princess x 2

03 Grand,Sun,Tahitian,

Royal Princess x 2,Island Princess

01 Ryndam x 2

00 Sky Princess

79 Sitmar's Fairwind

[This message was edited by BJS on 04-21-04 at 12:23 PM.]

Hmmm, on the July 11 Golden, we're in a BB for $1,150 (port & taxes included) pp so slightly under the Travelocity price.

Hoping for an upgrade, but the current status seems to be:

A LOT of cabins "under" our category

6 fellow BB cabins

6 BA cabins (which only means a better locale, right?)

0 AD cabins (only a GUAR listed)

6 AC cabins

6 AB cabins

5 AA cabins

Since the ship is far from sold out at this point and since we've never cruised before, we're probably pretty low on the pecking order for an upgrade, correct?

But they are selling "oceanview" rooms for more than balcony rooms. What's up with that?

First cruise - 7/11/04 on Golden Princess for our Honeymoon!!

dear sneakpeak. Thanks so much for the info. I did find it, and made a deseperate request, I'll let everyone know what the outcome is. Also I read about the perks of suites, does anyone know if that includes mini-suites or just the regular ones. The perks are pretty great.

Archived