Time to Travel from Airport Area Hotel to Port of Miami

ricka47

I'm using the last of my Hilton Honors points :mad: after retirement to stay at the Homewood Suites - Blue Lagoon (near MIA airport) before our December cruise. We're driving to the port on Friday morning (12/18) and have heard that traffic is often horrible on the Dolphin Expressway.

Does anyone know how long it would take to get to the port if we leave around 10:00 AM. Or, would it be smart to just get a hotel closer to the port? Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I am down to my last 30,000 points and most of the downtown hotels are higher than that. But, I'll check out that Hampton. I don't miss all the travelling before I retired but I do miss my points and Diamond status. Now I'm a Hilton "nobody" again. 15 minutes is no big deal - thanks!

Edited by ricka47

Right - I checked this morning and, up until about 10:00, the trip was about 20 minutes and after that, it dropped down to 15. So, that will be great - thanks!

We have left the car at Embassy Suites & took their shuttle on cruise day & it took no more than 30 min

so you should be fine but most people like to arrive early to the port & if you are parking there it may be something to think about arriving early

we have never parked at the port so not sure of the parking situation

Enjoy the cruise