Pride late today to Bermuda?

TrinaLC

Anyone know why the pride was two or three hours late into Bermuda today? We were in Splendor waiting for her to join us!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are on the Splendor too and watched the Pride come in. She seem to struggle a little with the high wind. I looked on the Pride social media site and someone on the Pride posted that they were not scheduled to dock until 1:30 so they were only around an hour late.

We are on the Splendor too and watched the Pride come in. She seem to struggle a little with the high wind. I looked on the Pride social media site and someone on the Pride posted that they were not scheduled to dock until 1:30 so they were only around an hour late.

We watched that as well. Took almost an hour from start to finish, including use of at least 2 tug boats.

I was wondering whether the Pride might have done it better by herself. We have certainly docked in windier rougher conditions - never seen tugboats used like this before.

We just got back from this cruise on the Pride. We were scheduled in at 1:30, but were obviously late. The waves and wind created for an interesting entrance into the channel (the ship listed as it slowed down around Ft. Saint Catherine) and it took the Bermudian authorities some time to clear the ship. We had a 1:30 excursion scheduled and did not make it to the tour van until 3:45 for our five hour tour. The last two hours were in the dark and we were given a partial refund since we couldn't make all the stops.

I feel bad for all of the people who had independent tours scheduled between the time change (we legally had to go one hour forward for Bermudian time) and the late arrival--there were some upset guests.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Mother Nature definitely had it in for us on the way there. We had two excursions planned (snorkeling and a night glass bottom boat) that were both cancelled due to the weather and I have to say I was relieved. By the second day the water had calmed down a lot and we had a great time and a smooth ride back to Baltimore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk