Quick question for you experienced RCI Cruisers

Doc2725

Looking to book a Nellie's Beach Cabana. Even though it says onboard only, it is letting me book it online. I had heard there were some changes, as in the Nellie's Beach Cabanas no longer include a private buffet lunch, but as you can see from the screenshot, the buffet lunch still seems to be included. Any thoughts on this? Also, aside from one being suite guests only, what is the main difference between Barefoot Beach and Nellies Beach, and would you say the Nellie's Cabana is worth it? Thank you!

Sorry for the poor image quality.

Cabana_zpsvax0zizp.png

Edited by Doc2725
Image3

We had a Nellie's overwater beach cabana in June and loved it! There were 4 of us and it included the Barefoot Beach upgraded buffet. I booked it online a year prior for $250.

We were told only the overwater cabanas got the upgraded buffet as there are only 6 or so plus they are right by back gate to Barefoot.

It was worth it for $250. If price has increased to $500 as has been reported, I'd rethink or get the largest group possible to share cost. We were also given water bottles and floating mats plus attendants to get drinks. [emoji41]

We had a Nellie's overwater beach cabana in June and loved it! There were 4 of us and it included the Barefoot Beach upgraded buffet. I booked it online a year prior for $250.

We were told only the overwater cabanas got the upgraded buffet as there are only 6 or so plus they are right by back gate to Barefoot.

It was worth it for $250. If price has increased to $500 as has been reported, I'd rethink or get the largest group possible to share cost. We were also given water bottles and floating mats plus attendants to get drinks. [emoji41]

It is saying $250 for a beach cabana and it includes the lunch.

Big price jump coming next year is all. I would have been surprised if you said after January 1. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Any news on if the buffet is still offered for Beach Cabana? I heard it's not, but this offer says it is. Also, how is this compared to Barefoot?

It is in my cart as $250 for the beach cabana. Use that as the basis for responding.

Is that an over water based on description provided, the answer is no. Over water is $395 in December 2015

Edited by John&LaLa

Any news on if the buffet is still offered for Beach Cabana? I heard it's not, but this offer says it is. Also, how is this compared to Barefoot?

Sorry but I've only done Barefoot. I remember a few years ago people coming over to Barefoot from Nellie's for the buffet but I haven't seen that in a long time. I may not have been paying attention so don't take my word for it.

It is in my cart as $250 for the beach cabana. Use that as the basis for responding.

Scroll down from where you got that screen shot. Look at important notes. Fourth bullet. No access to Barefoot Beach buffet.

Hopefully you understand now

Sorry but I've only done Barefoot. I remember a few years ago people coming over to Barefoot from Nellie's for the buffet but I haven't seen that in a long time. I may not have been paying attention so don't take my word for it.

We saw people being kicked out in June this year. However, if Nellies suite attendants get hold of the gold wristbands, you can get in. ;)

Scroll down from where you got that screen shot. Look at important notes. Fourth bullet. No access to Barefoot Beach buffet.

Hopefully you understand now

Looks like a different buffet at Columbus Cove Cafe, Dragon's Cafe or Cafe Labadee. So from what it seems, this is the only difference between the two cabanas? If I am wrong, can anyone highlight other differences?

Private golf cart takes you to BB. Also you get 6 litres of water in an ice filled cooler at BB. Interesting enough, the prices at BB are less

Really, how so in terms of pricing? Can you elaborate a bit more. Thank you!

Std beach cabana on BB is $175. Not positive, but I think OTW is $225. No word if they are going up next year. I don't have any more trips booked that do Labadee, I'm sure we will book Oasis in Fall 2017.

I have heard that Junior Suite guests can sometimes get a Cabana of BB, but they need to e-mail the concierge. Have you ever heard/seen anything like this?

Screen shot says starting from, it never says over water and it doesn't say it is the upgraded BB buffet.

Typical ambiguity

Agreed, whether they have cracked down on the attendants for sneaking us "Nellies" into the enhance buffer or not might still be up in the air. As I've said on this subject before when I was there in May, the attendant wouldn't even tell me where we were supposed to go for lunch if we were at Nellies beach.

IT had been 7 years since I'd been to Labadee, but I didn't think the enchanced buffet was all that great. Yes, there were strip steaks, but they were a bit over cooked. I wish I had eaten 2 hamburgers instead. Yes, there was shrimp dish, but I don't eat shrimp. When I was in labadee in 2007 the hamburgers were cooked on the ship and brought in bins. They were the same ones you would get in the WJ. At the enchanced buffet they were grilled there on shore so they did taste better. I didn't see the hamburgers at the regular lunch. To me the best part of the enhanced buffet was real silverware and plates, not paper!

I have heard that Junior Suite guests can sometimes get a Cabana of BB, but they need to e-mail the concierge. Have you ever heard/seen anything like this?

You could try, we went once by splitting one with a solo lady in a GS from our roll call.

We were on Barefoot Beach 6 months ago. "Enhanced Buffet" is an oxymoron. The strip steaks were like shoe leather and there was nothing special about the shrimp skewers. The hamburgers and hot dogs were just like in the Windjammer and we thought they were the better choices.

The beach and the water, however, were really nice. The day on Labadee was one of the highlights of our Oasis cruise.

We thought the Barefoot buffet was awesome! Strip steak, shrimp, and grilled lobster tails, plus lots of extras. Also not as crowded as regular buffet lines. We stayed in Nellie's overwater cabana and were told by attendant that only those got the gold wristbands. Also the website, when we reserved it, said so and I printed it out just in case. That was in June and obv policies change.

Glad to hear price is still $250 now as it's worth it imo even w/o buffet. Nellies had rocks under the overwater cabanas that were good for snorkeling, lots of trop fish.

Can't compare with Barefoot beach as we didn't use it, but it looked similar to Nellie's beach in size and is right next to it.

Would you say that both Nellies and Barefoot are pretty much the same in terms of quality of the beach? We want the Cabana bc we want to have our own space w/ out having to worry about too many other people. The buffet is secondary.

Also, the price of BB is how much? This would be for a beach (or palm) Cabana. Thank you!

We thought the Barefoot buffet was awesome! Strip steak, shrimp, and grilled lobster tails, plus lots of extras. Also not as crowded as regular buffet lines. We stayed in Nellie's overwater cabana and were told by attendant that only those got the gold wristbands. Also the website, when we reserved it, said so and I printed it out just in case. That was in June and obv policies change.

Glad to hear price is still $250 now as it's worth it imo even w/o buffet. Nellies had rocks under the overwater cabanas that were good for snorkeling, lots of trop fish.

Can't compare with Barefoot beach as we didn't use it, but it looked similar to Nellie's beach in size and is right next to it.

Never had lobster tails at BB. Lucky you. The $250 price is not an over water though.

Never had lobster tails at BB. Lucky you. The $250 price is not an over water though.

I am confused. We do not want an over the water. We are talking about a beach (Nellis) or Palm (BB) cabana. What is the price difference is what I am wondering.