Heads up, Internet dreadful on the eurodam

cruz chic

I believe you are correct. I remember seeing the signs but didn't go in. I make an easy killer rum cake this is so much better than those.

Well, of course you do!! I am not that capable--would you be willing to email me your recipe? You know how! Would be wonderful to try.

Thanks

ML

When you come off the tender dock, head to North Church Street, the first big Street you come to. You'll almost be right at the store. The store is on the side of the street that faces the water. It's noted by the little map pin in this screen capture from my phone.

1f8d866807058f0ef33c25d6389c1799.jpg

It's pretty easy to spot. There's a big sign on the building.

POA

Yes, everyone tells me how easy it is to find and yet we managed to miss it, and we had 2 full days there :o From your map, it looks like we should walk thru the mall to the other side. I will study your map and be prepared to make this our goal at GC in March. Is there a sign out toward the terminal area or just closer to Church St? I honestly don't remember seeing this when we there last March. Why am I the only one who can't find this gem??? Is it in the Bayshore Mall? This is a little south of where I was thinking.

So I went on google maps, did a search and compared it to your map. It is way north of where I thought--I think. I will make a note of other landmarks and keep my fingers crossed we find it this time.

thank you so much

ML

Edited by NoWhiners

POA

Yes, everyone tells me how easy it is to find and yet we managed to miss it, and we had 2 full days there :o From your map, it looks like we should walk thru the mall to the other side. I will study your map and be prepared to make this our goal at GC in March. Is there a sign out toward the terminal area or just closer to Church St? I honestly don't remember seeing this when we there last March. Why am I the only one who can't find this gem??? Is it in the Bayshore Mall? This is a little south of where I was thinking.

So I went on google maps, did a search and compared it to your map. It is way north of where I thought--I think. I will make a note of other landmarks and keep my fingers crossed we find it this time.

thank you so much

ML

The sign faces Church Street. After you leave the dock, walk across Church Street. Turn back to face the water, and you should see the store.

98ba1614913c0c4385b0674af967dfda.jpg

There may be a sign facing the terminal, but I'm not sure. We entered via the Church St side.

Thanks Cruz Chic for giving us the heads up. about the internet & the sea conditions .Hope you are able to have better internet from now on..

After reading momatibm & POA's post guess I'll have to plan on staying on board in Grand Cayman... We'll be on board "Eurodam" two weeks from today..Now I'm getting excited..Plan on getting some Rum but will get it in San Juan.. Prices at the terminal are excellent there..

Oh BTW I still have a small Rum Cake in our Fridge from our last trip there, but like you my Best Friend makes a wicked Rum cake too & she always makes one for us for Christmas..:) Her DH is planning to purchase the rum in San Juan too..

Hope you have a good cruise..

The one time I was in Grand Cayman - they were literally pulling passengers out of the tenders on shore. I ended up with a rotator cuff injury. We are due to be in GC on our next cruise -- we are staying on board.

Funny! I really meant "unsettled with swells." Also with "wicked" in there somewhere.

Also thank you both for the heads up about sea conditions..

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks Cruz Chic for giving us the heads up. about the internet & the sea conditions .Hope you are able to have better internet from now on..

After reading momatibm & POA's post guess I'll have to plan on staying on board in Grand Cayman... We'll be on board "Eurodam" two weeks from today..Now I'm getting excited..Plan on getting some Rum but will get it in San Juan.. Prices at the terminal are excellent there..

Oh BTW I still have a small Rum Cake in our Fridge from our last trip there, but like you my Best Friend makes a wicked Rum cake too & she always makes one for us for Christmas..:) Her DH is planning to purchase the rum in San Juan too..

Hope you have a good cruise..

Play it by ear. We were there twice last November. The first time it was too rough and we opted to stay on the ship. The second time, it was smooth and there were no issues.

My advice - Go to a spot overlooking the tender platform. You can get a good idea how it choppy it is. Our balcony overlooked the tender operations, but the promenade deck would work as well.

Well, of course you do!! I am not that capable--would you be willing to email me your recipe? You know how! Would be wonderful to try.

Thanks

ML

Can you email me in a couple days to my shaw email addy? I'm in Fort Lauderdale until tomorrow and I won't be home until about 11 pm tomorrow. The cake is super easy.

Can you email me in a couple days to my shaw email addy? I'm in Fort Lauderdale until tomorrow and I won't be home until about 11 pm tomorrow. The cake is super easy.

I knew that I've given this recipe before. See post 6 in the attached thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805232&highlight=rum+cake+recipe

Play it by ear. We were there twice last November. The first time it was too rough and we opted to stay on the ship. The second time, it was smooth and there were no issues.

My advice - Go to a spot overlooking the tender platform. You can get a good idea how it choppy it is. Our balcony overlooked the tender operations, but the promenade deck would work as well.

That's likely a good idea but it was rough once we reached land. They came aboard the tender and told us there was quite a swell and we needed to have a free hand and to pay attention when we got off the tender in Cayman. That freaked me out. I'm not sure if I'd get off the ship there again.

Hope you have a good cruise

Just off the ship today. Internet was a bit shaky last night. I was told by a couple ladies on the crew that Internet is problematic at times on that ship. Not sure why. It's been quite good on other ships for me.

POA

thank you so much

ML

Please know I am not trying to be a smart mouth but that store is so well known by so many in Grand Cayman, if you don't easily find it, ask someone on the street or in any of the stores you pass. All the locals certainly know where it is located. Hope you find it easily and get what you like there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=805232&highlight=rum+cake+recipe

Cruz chic,

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. I'm getting a new stove this week and that will be one of the first new recipes I try in it. :)

Please know I am not trying to be a smart mouth but that store is so well known by so many in Grand Cayman, if you don't easily find it, ask someone on the street or in any of the stores you pass. All the locals certainly know where it is located. Hope you find it easily and get what you like there.

Cruz chic,

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. I'm getting a new stove this week and that will be one of the first new recipes I try in it. :)

No problem. I hope you enjoy it.

The sign faces Church Street. After you leave the dock, walk across Church Street. Turn back to face the water, and you should see the store.

98ba1614913c0c4385b0674af967dfda.jpg

There may be a sign facing the terminal, but I'm not sure. We entered via the Church St side.

OMG--no wonder everyone says it is easy to find. That sign is huge!! I don't know how we missed it. Thanks for the pix--that helps a lot. I hope it isn't too rough/windy when we get there, now I have a goal!

Thanks cruz chic, I'll go grab it and give it a try. Hope your cruise was great fun. Been off the boards the past few days due to some family visiting with us.

ML