Platinum notes on the escape

JohnIreland

2 quick notes on the escape for platinum members.

1)

Free dinner is now only allowed in Le Bistro or the Italian.

Modernos is now called out as not allowed.

2)

The behind the scenes tour is suspended until further notice by order of Miami Head Office Executive decision.

(In better news just had the best MDR lunch of any of my cruises)

It was only a matter of time before they yanked the Platinum members benefits because it's too easy to get to that level. I wonder how soon the behind-the-scenes tours will be yanked on other ships. I hope not any time soon as I'm expecting to sail in just over 4 weeks! :cool:

Thanks for the update.

It was only a matter of time before they yanked the Platinum members benefits because it's too easy to get to that level. I wonder how soon the behind-the-scenes tours will be yanked on other ships. I hope not any time soon as I'm expecting to sail in just over 4 weeks! :cool:

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if the change is just temporary because the ship is new. One way to find out is to see if they are still offering the paid behind-the-scenes tours.

Thanks for the update.

We are going in about 6 weeks on a different ship and that would be disappointing if no behind the scenes tour.

Concierge phone details are the welcome letter. It's been a while since I have seen this.

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about the luggage tags and welcome letter for suite guests or a letter strictly for Platinum members once you board the ship?

I wonder if the change is just temporary because the ship is new. One way to find out is to see if they are still offering the paid behind-the-scenes tours.

Someone on the Epic post dry dock reported no behind the scenes tour either earlier this week. I don't recall if there was any reason given and on that thread I think people were speculating there might be "stuff" in the crew areas making it more difficult but I don't remember exactly what the person said.

I think people were speculating there might be "stuff" in the crew areas making it more difficult

This would be my guess too, on way either a brand new ship or one straight out from the drydock has everything up and running normally immediately behind the scenes too.

2 quick notes on the escape for platinum members.

1)

Free dinner is now only allowed in Le Bistro or the Italian.

Modernos is now called out as not allowed.

2)

The behind the scenes tour is suspended until further notice by order of Miami Head Office Executive decision.

(In better news just had the best MDR lunch of any of my cruises)

Thanks for the info. what about the laundry service? We are counting on that since we are doing B2B on the Getaway after the Escape in a few weeks.

Are the dinners all-inclusive for the free platinum meal, meaning "anything you want to eat" or is there a maximum $$ amount that you can't go over per person... Also, still get the free wine?

On the other Platinum thread, it was stated that the Platinum reward at Le Bistro or La Cucina consists of a starter, a main and a dessert, which leaves out the soup/salad course. Also, the certificate states *some restrictions apply, which says to me that some mains are likely not included. Some speculation re whether or not you can make a soup or salad substitution if you don't want dessert.

Edited by punkincc

Not sure what you mean by this. Are you talking about the luggage tags and welcome letter for suite guests or a letter strictly for Platinum members once you board the ship?

I think they mean the Platinum members are now given the phone number for the concierge.

Access to the concierge is supposed to be a platinum perk but I personally have never been able to access concierge and I'm platinum for several cruises.

Are the dinners all-inclusive for the free platinum meal, meaning "anything you want to eat" or is there a maximum $$ amount that you can't go over per person... Also, still get the free wine?

This is what we have been wondering about. We love to get an appetizer plus the Mushroom soup with an entree in Le Bistro. I can skip the dessert but wonder what they will allow now:confused:

This is what we have been wondering about. We love to get an appetizer plus the Mushroom soup with an entree in Le Bistro. I can skip the dessert but wonder what they will allow now:confused:

No meal at Le Bistro is complete without the mushroom soup. I will pay extra for it if we are not able to get the escargot and soup with the UDP.