got a reply to my email about Allure dining venues

I sent RCI an email asking where I can find information on the dining venues on the Allure about a week ago and got a reply today.

They told me to see the dining venues follow this link.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/cruiseEnhancements.do

After doing so it asks info about you sailing date, name, date, and ship.

I entered that and it says, sorry can't reserve this right now. I don't want to reserve anything. I just wanted to see what current venues are on the ship now.

Bob was nice enough to provide me with a couple of links with some of the venues currently on the ship.

I guess the only way to see the venues is to wait until the reservations open up for booking.

Another frustrated RCI website user.:(

Bill

All the information is on the website, it's just not easy to get to.

Not sure if this was one of the links for dining that Bob gave you.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

Take a look at the deck plans to see the different restaurants.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AL

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=AL

Ken,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it very much.:)

Bill

The first link is very confusing and the information doesn't tell you by ship what venues are available. The best source for that--although it's still confusing and the format is awful--is the dining brochure.

The first link is very confusing and the information doesn't tell you by ship what venues are available. The best source for that--although it's still confusing and the format is awful--is the dining brochure.

Which is why I included the link to the deck plans so that they could see what venues were on the Allure and then look at the menus for those restaurants. As I said in my post it's not easy but all the information is there.

The dining brochure is not up to date. Best to look at the deck plans and go from there.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Which is why I included the link to the deck plans so that they could see what venues were on the Allure and then look at the menus for those restaurants. As I said in my post it's not easy but all the information is there.

The dining brochure is not up to date. Best to look at the deck plans and go from there.

The big problem is that basically nothing available is up-to-date as far a dining on the Oasis-class ships, so guests are tasked with piecing together bits of information from a variety of official and unofficial sources.

So it's not just me :rolleyes: Coming from Disney, my first RCI cruise has been a challenge to get my OCD planning done.

With Disney, there were 4 ships, and great guidebooks with up to date info (and admittedly many fewer dining options). The RCI info is terrible - there is a great 1 page doc on Oasis/Allure dining - alas, it's from 2011 - and still on the RCI website.

It's ridiculous that you can't get an up to date 1 page sheet on dining for each ship - *with* costs for specialty restaurants included. And also ridiculous that you can't get up to date costs for specialty restaurants until dining is open for booking.

Even with that info that I culled together, I couldn't find (on the cruise planner portion of the site, at least) a list of complimentary restaurants - they only listed those that you can reserve.

Attached is my edit of the RCI 1 page sheet for Allure - I also removed the "suites only" info, as our crew is not eligible.

Restaurants.pdf

So it's not just me :rolleyes: Coming from Disney, my first RCI cruise has been a challenge to get my OCD planning done.

With Disney, there were 4 ships, and great guidebooks with up to date info (and admittedly many fewer dining options). The RCI info is terrible - there is a great 1 page doc on Oasis/Allure dining - alas, it's from 2011 - and still on the RCI website.

It's ridiculous that you can't get an up to date 1 page sheet on dining for each ship - *with* costs for specialty restaurants included. And also ridiculous that you can't get up to date costs for specialty restaurants until dining is open for booking.

Even with that info that I culled together, I couldn't find (on the cruise planner portion of the site, at least) a list of complimentary restaurants - they only listed those that you can reserve.

Attached is my edit of the RCI 1 page sheet for Allure - I also removed the "suites only" info, as our crew is not eligible.

great job.

It's a shame that pax have to go to all this trouble to see what's available on ship.

I know many people criticize the IT department and until i booked I didn't understand why.

It's clear as day now. They should be totally embarrassed but by the past history of the website i don't think that the higher ups at RCI give a darn as long as people keep booking.

Bill

Of course, because you don't need to reserve the complementary restaurants! ;)

I'd like to have put this in a pretty table to keep track of things like location and cover charge, but alas the forum settings don't support that:

Allure - Complementary

• Boardwalk Doghouse
  • Boardwalk Donuts (really a glass case outside of Cups & Scoops)
  • Cafe Promenade
  • Coastal Kitchen (Grand Suite & Pinnacle guests only; Junior Suites can book dinner if availability exists)
  • Johnny Rockets (Breakfast only)
  • Main Dining Room
  • Park Cafe
  • Solarium Bistro (Breakfast and Lunch)
  • Sorrento's
  • Windjammer
  • Wipe Out Cafe

Allure - Specialty

• 150 Central Park
  • Chef's Table
  • Chops
  • Cups and Scoops
  • Giovanni's Table
  • Izumi
  • Johnny Rockets (Lunch onward)
  • Sabor
  • Samba Grille (Dinner)
  • Starbucks
  • Vintages
  • Vitality Cafe

Of course that review still suggests that Dynamic Dining is coming; something most people (posters on these boards, at least) believe will never happen.

Which just points to another element leading to the confusion.

And that puts us right back where we started.

Edited by Jestocost

Of course that review still suggests that Dynamic Dining is coming; something most people (posters on these boards, at least) believe will never happen.

Which just points to another element leading to the confusion.

And that puts us right back where we started.

It's not just most people, it's Royal itself. In its communication to travel agents issued in July, Royal said

Q: Is Dynamic Dining coming to the entire fleet?

A: The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created for Royal Caribbean International's newest and most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. It has been decided not to introduce the Dynamic Dining concept to the rest of the fleet, which was not specifically designed to support it, although previously announced for Oasis-class ships.

That makes it seem like, that for the foreseeable future, it ain't happening for any ships other than the Quantums.

Of course, because you don't need to reserve the complementary restaurants! ;)

LOL. I can't believe I headed to the Cruise Planner, selected "Dining and Beverage", and then "All Dining", and assumed they might actually list all places I could dine.

Thanks for the list!

Edited by Dosido

LOL. I can't believe I headed to the Cruise Planner, selected "Dining and Beverage", and then "All Dining", and assumed they might actually list all places I could dine.

Thanks for the list!

Pretty sad. Lol you think they'd have the info on the website to entice people to book but as I said earlier people are booking regardless.

Bill

After bookmarking all the links and picking info from each I decided to put something together too.

I'm sure there are some mistakes but I gave it the old college try. Used to be able do html easily but I have seen time pass me by.

Anyway the following link will take you to what I came up with.

http://ladiesofportrichmond.com/Allurediningguide.html

Bill

The allure is my favorite ship. Enjoy every dining option. Note they do give discounts the more specialty you eat at. Also they are looking into one package price with unlimited specialities! Great value!!!

I'm on board at the moment- $110 for 5 restaurants of your choice.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

I'm on board at the moment- $110 for 5 restaurants of your choice.

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

When did they start offering that?! I paid $250 for four. Now I'm thinking of cancelling and booking on board instead.