Debarkation tour Getaway w/MIA airport drop off

Lorey2007

Since Delta changed my flight I now need to find a tour once we debark Getaway that will drop us at Miami airport. We have done some drop offs at the airport tours with other cruise lines but not NCL so I need some info on how they handle things.

Will we receive special debarkation tags for our luggage and will it be in a special place to find it?

After we find it and go through customs will it then go on the tour bus with us or will it go in a trailer and then dropped at the airport?

Any other info will be greatly appreciated.:)

Since Delta changed my flight I now need to find a tour once we debark Getaway that will drop us at Miami airport. We have done some drop offs at the airport tours with other cruise lines but not NCL so I need some info on how they handle things.

Will we receive special debarkation tags for our luggage and will it be in a special place to find it?

After we find it and go through customs will it then go on the tour bus with us or will it go in a trailer and then dropped at the airport?

It will go on the bus with you. If I remember correctly we met on board to walk off together, and we had our luggage with us...

You will receive special "TOUR" tags (usually black) for you luggage. Normally you will meet in the Getaway Theater and get your appropriate tour number tag from the shore excursion staff.

Customs in Miami is VERY FAST. The Customer and Border Patrol officers stand in front of their booths, and quickly look at your passport and customs forms, and you're on your way (a minute at most).

You will be directed to a tour bus and your baggage will travel with you until you get to the airport. At MIA, there are specific areas where tour buses can drop you off (i.e. they won't drop you off directly in front of your airline). May be a short walk to your check-in counter.

You will receive special "TOUR" tags (usually black) for you luggage. Normally you will meet in the Getaway Theater and get your appropriate tour number tag from the shore excursion staff.

Customs in Miami is VERY FAST. The Customer and Border Patrol officers stand in front of their booths, and quickly look at your passport and customs forms, and you're on your way (a minute at most).

You will be directed to a tour bus and your baggage will travel with you until you get to the airport. At MIA, there are specific areas where tour buses can drop you off (i.e. they won't drop you off directly in front of your airline). May be a short walk to your check-in counter.

When we did this with another cruise line they trailered our luggage and dropped it at one of those specific areas. When we got off the bus there didn't seem to be anyone around, no luggage carts and we had lots of luggage so I had to hunt down a porter. When I told him where we were going he wanted to know why they dropped us there as we needed to go to the other terminal. He finally agreed to take our luggage when I offered a good tip and then we had to literally run after him.:eek:

When I booked I originally wanted a 3:55pm flight but the 11:40 am flight was much cheaper so I booked that. When I got the email yesterday they had changed the flight to 8:20am so I called and they switched me to the 3:55 flight no charge. What I wanted to begin with but now we will be taking

I did the airboat and gator excursion after sailing the EPIC. LOVED IT and I must say that the docents that NCL uses are far and away better than the company contracted by Carnival. I highly recommend this tour.

The way it worked was that there was a bus for those flying from MIA and another for those flying from FLL and the luggage was all stored under the bus and we could leave our other things on board as the driver stayed with it the whole time. He loaded the luggage according to the airline, and dropped off at each one. It was very well organized and painless.

When we did this with another cruise line they trailered our luggage and dropped it at one of those specific areas. When we got off the bus there didn't seem to be anyone around, no luggage carts and we had lots of luggage so I had to hunt down a porter. When I told him where we were going he wanted to know why they dropped us there as we needed to go to the other terminal. He finally agreed to take our luggage when I offered a good tip and then we had to literally run after him.:eek:

Yeah,,, as I mentioned, Miami Airport (not NCL) limited the locations where tour buses can drop passengers off (that both for tours and people using the NCL airport transfers). We just pushed our bags up and into the terminal. Not sure how it would work if you had a lot of bags and needed a porter.

I did the airboat and gator excursion after sailing the EPIC. LOVED IT and I must say that the docents that NCL uses are far and away better than the company contracted by Carnival. I highly recommend this tour.

We did the airboat and gator tour also. We thought it was a great excursion and a good way to kill some time before our flight. After the airboat ride and gator show, there was still enough time to get a plate of gator-nuggets for a snack!