Seattle Light Link

hate2shop

If I have researched correctly the Light Link can take me from the airport to Seattle for around $4. Is the Westin or the Warwick within walking/dragging luggage distance of the station? And which station ? Westlake? We will be arriving on a Monday around 4pm for a cruise on Tuesday if that matters.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

If I have researched correctly the Light Link can take me from the airport to Seattle for around $4. Is the Westin or the Warwick within walking/dragging luggage distance of the station? And which station ? Westlake? We will be arriving on a Monday around 4pm for a cruise on Tuesday if that matters.

Any help or suggestions much appreciated.

Both are within easy walking distance from the Westlake Station, the Westin a block or two closer.

Have a look at the Mayflower Park hotel, next door to one of the Westlake station entrances, and an excellent choice. http://www.mayflowerpark.com/

Yes. You'll want to get off at Westlake station. That is right in the middle of downtown Seattle. Both hotels are within walking distance.

Take a look at this map

http://uploads.visitseattle.org/2015/03/13224954/VisitSeattle_DT_HotelMap_0914_FIN.pdf

Westlake station is approximately #28 on the map.

While the light rail from the airport is cheap, just be aware-- it is also slow. It takes about an hour to get to downtown Seattle with all the stops it makes. But it still beats a $50 cab ride.

Edited by Misskitty72

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. That map is exactly what I needed. I didn't realize the Light Link would take so long but still preferable to 2 cabs. We have 5 people and I assumed we would need 2 cabs. Do you know if they have any cabs big enough for 5 ? And all our luggage?

Thank you both for your help and suggestions. That map is exactly what I needed. I didn't realize the Light Link would take so long but still preferable to 2 cabs. We have 5 people and I assumed we would need 2 cabs. Do you know if they have any cabs big enough for 5 ? And all our luggage?

They have town cars that can handle 5 or 6 (us) or more. We only paid ~$76 (incl tip) for the airport-->downtown trip. Walked right up to the STILA desk and they put us into a stretch limo, just like that. The kids thought it was a hoot!

Edited by quercus alba

We have 5 people and I assumed we would need 2 cabs. Do you know if they have any cabs big enough for 5 ? And all our luggage?

Yes. I always see a few minivan cabs waiting in line with the other sedan-style cabs. It's a flat rate of $40 from the airport to downtown Seattle hotels. I'm not sure, but I think they charge a dollar or two more for extra passengers.

Only one cab company can do pickups at the airport. Not sure why. But anyway this site might help.

http://www.seattleyellowcab.com/seatac-taxi-rides/

Hope I didn't put you off light link. It's totally fine. Very clean and safe. I just wanted to give you a heads up in case you had dinner or theater plans. You just want to give yourself time to get there. :)

A few corrections and some additional information .......

If you look at the Light Rail schedule you will see that it takes 38 minutes to ride the full route from SeaTac to Westlake. 12 stops.

Keep in mind that it is a long-ish walk from baggage claim to the SeaTac station, 7-10 minutes. You basically walk thru the airport parking garage so it's covered and flat, but if you can't easily manage your luggage, it might be too far for you. I travel with 1 wheeled case and sometimes a shoulder tote and manage just fine. $3.

Yellow Cab has the airport contract however other taxis and car services CAN pick up people with reservations; they just can't drive around looking for passengers, nor can they use the garage. Other companies must wait off site. Yellow Cab has the taxi line at SeaTac so they are the only taxi service with cars stationed INSIDE the parking garage. Similarly, STILA has the car service contract so they have cars stationed in the garage. http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Parking-and-Transportation/Ground-Transportation/Pages/Taxis-and-Limos.aspx

Last time I looked, the sign at STILA's booth said $45 to downtown. Call them for details. ($45 might be for 2-3 people in a towncar). They're an easy option tho - you call from baggage claim and the car picks you up at baggage claim in a few minutes.

I've used eastsideforhire.com several times. $29 to downtown but that was for a prius. They waited off site for me to call from baggage claim when I had my luggage and picked me up w/in a few minutes. They have a few station wagons, which cost about $10 more. But you;ll need to be travelling light ...5 people and several suitcases won't fit into a small wagon.

There is no FLAT RATE from SeaTac to downtown. The flat rate is for downtown TO SeaTac and it's $40.

I see the last post did correct incorrect info on flat rates FROM Seatac. Towncars and limos operated by the Port of Seattle by STILA are always a flat rate and a very good deal. You will find a telephone with hotel ads in baggage claim. Go to it and push 'ground transportation' and request a towncar or limo from STILA and they will pick you up at the door closest to you in /baggage claim. Couldn't be easier.

Since when did 38 minutes become "about an hour"?

True, the ride is 38 minutes, but schlepping from the terminal to the Link station takes ten minutes plus any headway for the next train, so an hour is about right if everything works.

Since when did 38 minutes become "about an hour"?

Have you ever actually taken light link from Sea-Tac or are you just going by the schedule? Since you say you're from Redmond, I really doubt you have ever used light link to get home from the airport.

Yes, in a perfect world it should take 38 min. However, every time I have used it, it's taken me at least 45min - 50 min. to get to Westlake (hence, about an hour).