Happy Hour Specials

wsw

Just curious, but has anyone ever heard of happy hour specials for Princess?

Explorer of the Seas

Summit/Infinity/Zenith

Navigator of the Seas

Regal/Grand/Sea/Golden Dawn/Sun/Princess

Disney Wonder

Carnival Elation

Sorry, Happy Hour Specials are exclusive to Royal Caribbean/Celebrity.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Amber, thanks so much for the quick response. wendy

Explorer of the Seas

Summit/Infinity/Zenith

Navigator of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Carnival Elation

Hey Amber, how would one find out about the RCI/X happy hour specials anyway?

I really did like my Princess cruise, but if I got a good deal, I'd go on a voyager class ship or an X ship.

<font color="FF6600">

if there's a way to construe my post as non-argumentative, please do so.</font>

Cruise photos on my Home page <font color="990066">

Spring Break was on the Grand Princess </font>21, March 2004

So when is the next cruise?

No Happy Hour specials but they do have "the drink of the day" specials.

Buy one and they put a special sticker on your card. And each one after that is at the lower price, I believe.

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

Friends of mine, who have cruised Princess, said there were $10 pitchers of beer on Island Night and also $5-7 martini specials between 5-8pm or something (but only at a specific bar). They said it was listed in their Patters. Can anyone else confirm that??? Especially those from the Car.Princess that have patters! Thanxs. Amanda

todd-r, thanks for the great tip! I hope that it applies to matinis!! wendy

Explorer of the Seas

Summit/Infinity/Zenith

Navigator of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Carnival Elation

I've seen drink of the day for either $3.95 or $4.95 listed in the Platter good all over the ship. But they always try to sell you the larger drink which is not on special. You can also buy it in a souv glass but that isextra so take the glass with you.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03

Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb

Dawn Princess Panamal Canal

No happy hour? I'm so depressed.

Btw, $5-$7 for a martini is not a special unless they are using premium vodka or gin.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail again

Caribbean Princess - May 22, 2004

Rhapsody of the Seas - 2003

Actually I just found their patters they gave me (from the Diamond and Grand) and it was $3.50 martinis from 6-8pm, some nights till 10:30pm, always at specific bars. They went to this several times on various ships and the bartenders never used 'rail' vodka/gin. So this would be a pretty good deal considering the "martini of the day" usually runs $8. It also lists 5 Dos Equis (XX) beers for $14.00 as a daily special...I'm guessing this is a pool-side thing. By the way can you tell I'm a college student? LOL!

mandiecandie5, you have just made my day if not my week! That is a great deal on martinis and beer seems pretty cheap as well! Woohoo!! wendy

Explorer of the Seas

Summit/Infinity/Zenith

Navigator of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Carnival Elation

Bruce, you can always ask your friendly travel agent icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, the "Happy Hour Specials" asked about in this post was about special fares offered on Tuesdays by RCCL/Celebrity. Nothing to do with drink prices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mandiecandie5:

Actually I just found their patters they gave me (from the Diamond and Grand) and it was $3.50 martinis from 6-8pm, some nights till 10:30pm, always at specific bars. They went to this several times on various ships and the bartenders never used 'rail' vodka/gin. So this would be a pretty good deal considering the "martini of the day" usually runs $8. It also lists 5 Dos Equis (XX) beers for $14.00 as a daily special...I'm guessing this is a pool-side thing. By the way can you tell I'm a college student? LOL!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds much more like it! $7 bucks for a martini, is by no means a "special" deal. Now $3.50? That's a deal!

I'll be having my share in Alaska! ;-)

MTS

burbunny - where does Princess and the other cruise line offer these new booking Tuesday specials? On their web sites? If not, are there other places to find them online?

Thank you.

-Donna

QEII 1973

QEII 1974

NCCL Southward 1982

Sun Princess 2002

Golden Princess 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;5;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Until the Sun Princess 2004!

Donna, the cruise lines send out the specials (Flash fares, Tuesday Happy Hour Specials, etc.) directly to travel agents. Many of the fares are not allowed to be posted on the internet. However, you can always ask your agent to be on the alert for a particular special for you - either specific ship or time frame for example. A good agent will watch and let you know when something comes out.

I just want to reinforce what Amber is saying. RCL and X "Happy Hour Specials" are usually MOST awesome in pricing and only advertised to TAs.

If in the back of your mind you would go on "XYZ ship out of PDQ port on any day if the price was right"... you need to communicate that thought to your TA. Only by them being on the lookout for something particular for you will you know these are happening.

Cheers!

Suzy

NEXT --> Diamond Princess 5/1/04 Coastal Who's with me?

Monarch family weekend 10/15/04 & Grand Galveston 12/11/04

Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 10/18/03 -- Wind Star Honeymoon icon_biggrin.gif 11/14/03

Star Princess Wedding icon_biggrin.gif 9/24/03 -- Mercury icon_biggrin.gif 10/5/03

Vision of the Seas icon_smile.gif 10/28/02 -- Amsterdam icon_smile.gif 4/22/03

Sun Princess icon_biggrin.gif 5/10/02 -- Star Princess icon_biggrin.gif 6/15/02

Carnival Holiday icon_frown.gif 9/8/00

Coral, Burbunny and Suzy Cruisy, thanks so much for the info. I can't believe how much I learn everytime I come onto these boards. wendy

Explorer of the Seas

Summit/Infinity/Zenith

Navigator of the Seas

Disney Wonder

Carnival Elation

We had "happy hour specials" quite a few nights last year on the Sea Princess. They were advertised in the patter and they were usually two for one margaritas, etc. They would be in a specific bar and usually before dinner.

Tammy

Interesting the way this topic has turned out - you can sure tell what different people think of when they hear the term 'happy hour'.

For those of interest, if you do a search on google for: "Princess Happy Hour Specials" or "Royal Caribbean Happy Hour Specials"

There are a number of good sites that come up that seem to update their website each week. Find a couple and bookmark them and then check back every Tuesday.

Have fun... and Enjoy!

happyhour.gif

Up next - Pacific NorthWest Coastal!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Navigator of the Seas - 01/05

Dawn Princess - 10/04

Grand Princess - 11/04 (Cancelled)

Grand Princess - 10/04 (Cancelled)

Island Princess - 05/04

Grand Princess - 10/03

Norway - 10/03 (Cancelled)

Wind Surf - Transatlantic 4/02

I have always wondered if the travel happy hour specials meant 2 travel on 1 cruise for the price of 1 OR 2 pay their fare for 1 cruise and get another cruise for 2 free. Both are 2 for 1, but the first option is much more attractive to the cruiser. Suzy Cruisy, since you are in the business, please clarify this for me.

Thanks!!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

WE"RE BACK!Regal to Hawaii, April 5, 2004

Gloria - since Suzy hasn't answered, I'll jump in here icon_smile.gif

Many alcohol-related happy hours are not 2-for-1, but instead are discounts off drinks. For example, if a call brand drink is normally $6.50, they might be $4 at happy hour. Same for Royal Caribbean/Celebrity's Happy Hour Specials. They are a significant discount over their "regular" rates on certain ships and sailings. Once in awhile they may actually be half price over the price they were the day before (and the day after), but more often not quite that much of a savings.

I've never seen it advertised as a 2-for-1 pricing. That type of advertising tends to be off the brochure rate, and is rarely much of a deal overall on most lines.

Hope that helps!

Archived