Can't track Escape????

Golfin55

If Marine Traffic cannot track it because it is out of range, it will then be out of range for everyone. As soon as the radio signal can be picked up, it will be back on the screen. With her arrival tomorrow, I would suspect she will be within range sometime today.

I just searched for her on marinetraffic.com and it shows her position. Interestingly, there is also a large tanker off the coast of France named Norwegian Escape :D

I hope i have not been tracking a French tanker ship[emoji41]

If Marine Traffic cannot track it because it is out of range, it will then be out of range for everyone. As soon as the radio signal can be picked up, it will be back on the screen. With her arrival tomorrow, I would suspect she will be within range sometime today.

Thank you for explaining. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with the Marine Tracker app.

Thank you for explaining. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with the Marine Tracker app.

AIS is a "line of sight" service, but not just from the ship to shore, but from the ship to an AIS land station. Further, not just any land station, but one that your tracking site has paid to subscribe to. Consumer AIS trackers will also try to get you to sign up for the "satellite" service. While government agencies will receive satellite AIS from every ship in real time, the consumer services are limited to one update daily, so you will still only get one position daily.