Goodwill Future Cruise Certificate redemption - how does it work?

I received a mea culpa future cruise certificate for $328 in my name. (cannot go towards the deposit). Cannot use on my Harmony cruise because that is two days after the expiration date and it also says cannot be used for inaugural sailings. I need to find an alternative as its a decent certificate.

Say I book a cheapy cruise $200.00 each cruise in my and my daughters name. so that is 200. + 200.+ port charges/gratuities plus they'll take off for D+ balcony discount (I probably should up to a suite). Will they apply the 328 to the cruise total or do they get picky and only apply it to one person the certificate is given to, thus losing the balance ($128) because the terms stipulate that you do not get anything back if you do not use the full amount? I will be paying for the entire cruise with my credit card.

I received a mea culpa future cruise certificate for $328 in my name. (cannot go towards the deposit). Cannot use on my Harmony cruise because that is two days after the expiration date and it also says cannot be used for inaugural sailings. I need to find an alternative as its a decent certificate.

Say I book a cheapy cruise $200.00 each cruise in my and my daughters name. so that is 200. + 200.+ port charges/gratuities plus they'll take off for D+ balcony discount (I probably should up to a suite). Will they apply the 328 to the cruise total or do they get picky and only apply it to one person the certificate is given to, thus losing the balance ($128) because the terms stipulate that you do not get anything back if you do not use the full amount? I will be paying for the entire cruise with my credit card.

Call RCI and ask.

I was rereading the terms to see if I could use it on Celebrity (no I can't) and just read this. ugh

One certificate per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted on this certificate.

So I guess the answer is no. My TA yesterday tried to see if she could apply it to my Harmony (2 days after expiration) and they immediately denied it. So I know there is no wiggle room. oh well.

However, so say my "adult" daughter and I (both D+) book a balcony that is around $328 each. I should put my daughters name on the booking first, so that the D+ balcony discount comes off her account. (I believe that is how its typically shown on the bill).

Edited by Trekker954

I just used one to book 2 weeks ago. It can only be used for the person it has been issued to. It can not be applied to deposits & can not be used for inaugural sailings. So the cruise for you will cost only the deposit if you choose one in the right price range. If you take your daughter you will pay full price for her. (unless you catch a bogoho)