Hotel for Miami Port

sksadams

Looking for a hotel for pre cruise. Would like something close to a good restaurant possibly transfers to the cruise terminal. The hotels offered by RCI get terrible reviews so I am a little concerned to book with them. I have never been to Miami so I don't have clue what areas are safe and what would be a neat area to stay in and get a fill for Miami. We usually stay in Embassy Suites, Hilton type properties. Thanks for any help you can give!!

Kim

There is a Holiday Inn across the street. That is the closest hotel, it is not 5 Star, but it has great location. There is also a hyatt & marriott nearby. I too love Hilton properties and try to rack up the points, but their closest hotel is the Double Tree which is right by the Marriott, but it is usually around $289 a night.

Hi Kim, My husband and I have stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Downtown Miami - which is in walking distance of shops and restaurants. We would definitely recommend it. They have a shuttle to the port for $5 a person. I would suggest trying out priceline... we got the Courtyard for $45 a night (for a 2 1/2 star). That was the cheapest way to go.

We have also stayed at the Marriott Biscanyne Bay which is gorgeous (and more $$) they also had transfers to the port.

Good Luck!

We stayed at the Holiday Inn this past January when we cruised. The rooms were comfortable and the hotel was nice. It is located right across the street from the Bayside area, which has several restaurants, lots of vendor and local music. We spent several hours there and really enjoyed ourselves. The hotel helped arrange for a taxi to take us to the pier and it was fairly inexpensive.

Good luck and enjoy:)

We stayed in one of the hotels offered by RCL for our cruise from Miami last year. It was only $120 including the transfer to the port. I think it was the Hyatt, I'm not sure. It had some kind of convention center there and was right on a river if that helps. It was very nice, one of the nicest hotels I've ever been too, especially for the great price. There were a couple restaurants in the hotel, they were good but pricey.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Bayside, right across the street from the Bayside Shopping center/Marina. There is a lot to do at the marina including boat rides and lots of waterfront restaraunts. In the afternoon they had a band by the waterfront area. We took an evening boat ride and really enjoyed it. We went past some beautiful celebrity homes and the commercial port area. The first time we cruised from Miami we stayed closer to South Beach. We prefer Bayside and are staying there again this November. The rooms are ok, not 5 star but not bad. The location outweighs the "bling" in my opinion. We took a cab to the port, at that time it was around $20.00.

Here is the info on the Holiday Inn. I have already made my reservation for my b2b Navigator cruises in Sept of 2006. This hotel fills up fast and they are taking reservations online for up to Sept. 2006 now. If you call them direct, they can't take a reservation until 9 months before the date you want. If you book early, it has to be done online. Our cab cost us $6.00 each.

Join their Priority Club to get a discount on the price.

WELCM_EXTR_01_C.jpg Take a Photo/Virtual Tour common.Par.0001.Image.gif

Holiday Inn

PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN

340 BISCAYNE BLVD

MIAMI, FL 33132

UNITED STATES

Tel: 1-305-3714400

Fax: 1-305-3722862

Email: lzelaya@soundhospitality.com

Check-In Time: 3:00 PM

Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM

Quality Performer: Commendable

Local Time: 3:53 PM EDT

WELCOME

Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from the world-class Bayside Marketplace with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just walking distance or a short ride away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and South Beach. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's financial and government centers, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment and would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!

There is a Holiday Inn across the street. That is the closest hotel, it is not 5 Star, but it has great location. There is also a hyatt & marriott nearby. I too love Hilton properties and try to rack up the points, but their closest hotel is the Double Tree which is right by the Marriott, but it is usually around $289 a night.

I got the Doubletree through RCCL directly for $133 a night. $266 total, including taxes, for 2 nights.

Two years ago, we got the Hyatt for $38 a night in January on Priceline. I would never book a precruise hotel any other way. Not sure which Hyatt but it was about 5 minutes from the port.

Like to try something different next year. Does anyone have any Priceline info on hotesl in Miami Beach?

If you want a Hilton property, go with the Conrad International. It's brand new, and in a very nice area. The Doubletree is actually half residential condo and half hotel. It's an odd place, not your typical hotel. If you're used to Hilton/Embassy Suites type hotels you most likely won't care for the old Holiday Inn.

Downtown Miami hotels, closest to the Port of Miami and Bayside Marketplace... http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/

Conrad International... http://conradhotels.hilton.com/en/ch/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=MIACICI

JW Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miajw

Hyatt Regency... http://miamiregency.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml

Intercontinental... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ic/1/en/hd/miaha?irs=null

Marriott Courtyard... http://www.miamicourtyard.com/

Biscayne Bay Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/miabb

Four Seasons... http://www.fourseasons.com/miami/index.html

Mandarin Oriental... http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hotel/526000001.asp

Holiday Inn Bayside/Port of Miami (only for the budget minded)... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/miabb

I got the Doubletree through RCCL directly for $133 a night. $266 total, including taxes, for 2 nights.

Is that $133 per person or per couple? I thought RCL's hotels were per person? I just booked the Holiday Inn today for August at $122 a night for our Freedom Cruise.

Is that $133 per person or per couple? I thought RCL's hotels were per person? I just booked the Holiday Inn today for August at $122 a night for our Freedom Cruise.

It was $133 per couple. It only added $266 to our amount in total. Not $266 each. Trust me its a good deal.

If you book your hotel through RCI it may well be at a per person rate even though most hotels own rates are per room. Remember, however, that RCI room rates also include transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to airport. If you factor in those costs, the discrepancy may not be that much. However, in Miami, we have had very good luck booking our hotel on Priceline (Marriott Biscayne Bay for $40/night) and at that rate the added cost of cabs between airport, hotel and pier still comes out to be a bargain. There is a website (I believe it is biddingfortravel.com) that will give you some idea of which hotels are being offered and what the successful bid amounts have been. Check that site out before you try to make your bid. :)

I'd take those hotel reviews with more than a grain of salt as they often seem to be all over the board from very negative to unbelievably positive. Usually, if you are talking about a major chain (Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc. you can expect that they will be up to a predictable standard).

We stayed in one of the hotels offered by RCL for our cruise from Miami last year. It was only $120 including the transfer to the port. I think it was the Hyatt, I'm not sure. It had some kind of convention center there and was right on a river if that helps. It was very nice, one of the nicest hotels I've ever been too, especially for the great price. There were a couple restaurants in the hotel, they were good but pricey.

I checked and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, very nice for what we paid.

If you book your hotel through RCI it may well be at a per person rate even though most hotels own rates are per room. Remember, however, that RCI room rates also include transfers from airport to hotel, hotel to ship, and ship to airport. If you factor in those costs, the discrepancy may not be that much. However, in Miami, we have had very good luck booking our hotel on Priceline (Marriott Biscayne Bay for $40/night) and at that rate the added cost of cabs between airport, hotel and pier still comes out to be a bargain. There is a website (I believe it is biddingfortravel.com) that will give you some idea of which hotels are being offered and what the successful bid amounts have been. Check that site out before you try to make your bid. :)

I'd take those hotel reviews with more than a grain of salt as they often seem to be all over the board from very negative to unbelievably positive. Usually, if you are talking about a major chain (Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton etc. you can expect that they will be up to a predictable standard).

Please read my post right above yours....It is NOT a per person rate. The rate quoted is the total rate for the hotel. We booked The Double Tree in Miami and it said it was $133. When I selected it for 2 nights, it gave my total cruise total, and the hotel portion was $266 for 2 nights. Again, it is NOT per person for anyone wondering. So, when you look at your hotel options, it really is that cheap through RCCL.

A vote for both the Holiday Inn, it actually changed hands last year, I think to Best Western, then went back to Holiday Inn. Normal, no frills rooms, but if you get the higher floor facing the bay, the view is incredible in the morning when the cruise ships are in and the sun rises. LOVE Bayside Marketplace across the street, plenty of restaurants and places and you can just walk to that.

Have also stayed at the Hyatt which the rooms are much, much better than Holiday Inn, and it's pretty much around the corner, but they have the people mover that can get you to Bayside and that's free.

I too got Hyatt on priceline for about 45. a night and the airfare was cheaper on certain days, so we actually had a 2 night pre-stay and 2 night post stay, for about what we would have spent on 1 night there.

Have also gotten the Embassy suites on priceline for about 40. a night but that's at the airport, which is fine. They have a shuttle from the airport so that won't cost you anything, and you would have spent the money for a taxi to get closer to downtown anyway, you would just spend the money in the taxi to get to port the next day. That's nice also and of course Embassy is famous for their full breakfeasts, just what you need to start a cruise week! lol

I haven't been there in awhile, but if you go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com it will give you all kinds of information on being comfortable with bidding on priceline and knowing what area you're going to be in. The Hyatt comes up on priceline, but when I used it, the Holiday Inn didn't.

A vote for both the Holiday Inn, it actually changed hands last year, I think to Best Western, then went back to Holiday Inn. Normal, no frills rooms, but if you get the higher floor facing the bay, the view is incredible in the morning when the cruise ships are in and the sun rises. LOVE Bayside Marketplace across the street, plenty of restaurants and places and you can just walk to that.

The Holiday Inn was previously a Best Western, it became a Holiday Inn in 2003 and has been so ever since.

Archived