Escape Christening

champagne lover

I was thinking the same. Little concerned on dropping the money we are for next May. Maybe that California road trip would be a more reliable option.....

By May they'll have worked out all the kinks. We're booked for may as well. We went on the Epic after it had 6 months of sailings in the books and everything was perfect; should be the same here.

It's just funny that they missed on this broadcast. I was really hoping to witness this.

By May they'll have worked out all the kinks. We're booked for may as well. We went on the Epic after it had 6 months of sailings in the books and everything was perfect; should be the same here.

It's just funny that they missed on this broadcast. I was really hoping to witness this.

We're on the same sailing! 5/14 & 5/21. Maybe. Seriously reconsidering. We have 2 rooms for 2 sailings + my inlaws + my brother & family for the 5/14. It's my youngest son's homeschool graduation (to take place onboard). I dunno. This is pretty basic stuff. I'm worried even after our fab Getaway cruise a couple months ago.... :confused: :eek:

We're on the same sailing! 5/14 & 5/21. Maybe. Seriously reconsidering. We have 2 rooms for 2 sailings + my inlaws + my brother & family for the 5/14. It's my youngest son's homeschool graduation (to take place onboard). I dunno. This is pretty basic stuff. I'm worried even after our fab Getaway cruise a couple months ago.... :confused: :eek:

All kidding aside, I think we'll have a great cruise. I wouldn't cancel based on this. If you are that concerned, give it about 2 months of sailing in the Caribbean, that would be about 8 trips and see what people have to say.

Really? All of you are this upset about not seeing flippin' Pitbull? Unbelievable! That sure is a good reason to want to cancel a cruise. Just watch Dick Clarks Rockin Eve if you need to see Pitbull. I think more people would cancel if they actually did see him perform.

Really? All of you are this upset about not seeing flippin' Pitbull? Unbelievable! That sure is a good reason to want to cancel a cruise. Just watch Dick Clarks Rockin Eve if you need to see Pitbull. I think more people would cancel if they actually did see him perform.

Lack of ability to execute something so basic? It is concerning. I never watch events like the rockin eve or whatever. I wanted to feel the excitement and add to the anticipation. That didn't happen.

No, not upset about Pitbull as I'm not a fan and it had nothing to do with him. I was really interested in the overall ceremony since I never witnessed one. I just figured the ceremony would have been produced in a more professional manner. It wasn't what I would have expected from a publicly traded company debuting the latest ship. Maybe we felt it was more of a big deal than what NCL felt about it, hence the lack of a professional stream.

You are right. I should mind my own business. I'll stay out of it. There are several things lately that have people changing their minds and this seems to be the final straw for some.

No. It's okay. I've read other people get super disgusted over other changes I was indifferent about. This just speaks to an overall questioning of quality or ability for me. For me being the key words. It's alright. I just soooooo wanted this pump-up. I was so jazzed about it all....anticipation....watching the clock to log on at the right time, etc. My inlaws and brother are only going because of us so I feel extra responsibility for their $$ spent, too. It's all good.

No, not upset about Pitbull as I'm not a fan and it had nothing to do with him. I was really interested in the overall ceremony since I never witnessed one. I just figured the ceremony would have been produced in a more professional manner. It wasn't what I would have expected from a publicly traded company debuting the latest ship. Maybe we felt it was more of a big deal than what NCL felt about it, hence the lack of a professional stream.

Maybe you're right. It was counted down on FB. I was so very psyched. Wanted to see a ceremony, too.

Periscope is not always the best NCL should have figured out a better way to watch. I have been on Periscope several times and it is often too hard to get in, they have a limited allowance for viewing audience. But to my surprise I am currently on the Jewel was having lunch in Tsars and got in right as they were introducing Pitbull and saw the naming ceremony even our server watched with us. So that was pretty cool [emoji106]🏻 but I suspect that NCL will have a much nicer YouTube of this a bit later since in Periscope you could see film crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk