Courtyard Downtown vs Miami Marriott Biscayne bay?

TVLady3

I have to decide between the Courtyard Miami downtown and the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay hotels. I'm going for 2 nights before my cruise end of June 2016. I can get their Military Gov't Rate for $124 Per night. Can you guys please give me some kind of idea of the pros an cons of either hotel? And is that a decent rate for that time of year? We are flying into FLL if that makes any difference. And should I book now or next spring? Thank you all in advance for your help.

• 4 weeks later...

I've stayed at the Doubletree next door to the Marriott - quiet area, some rooms offer a view of the port, some local dining options or you can walk 10-15 minutes to Bayside Market. The bar/restaurant in the lobby of the Doubletree is a good option for Caribbean inspired food or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 for tapas and an extensive wine and beer list. :D

I did NOT like the courtyard...yes it is in a decent area and there are places to eat, etc around, BUT IMO (being a lifetime Marriott top tier member, and former associate of Marriott) the hotel is NOT well maintained...the lobby is nice but the rooms and corridors were in need of renovation. At one point, and this may still be the case, the hotel was due to be closed and I think torn down for redevelopment...

It is NOT a favorite, and the whole time I was there I wished I'd spent a little extra money for the Intercontinental. (Heck, the CY is IN Miami and they used a MIX to make a mojito, but I digress....)

I'd go for the Biscayne Bay Marriott....I have not stayed there in a few years, but it was fine when I was there and has been renovated since that time...