Rain on my Splendor Sail Away Parade

Cruisin_Cheesehead

Florida rain USUALLY just lasts a few minutes and then is gone and the skies clear right up. I can't tell you how many times the forecast has called for cloudy days and scattered t-storms and it was sunny all day, a storm moved in, and 20-30 minutes later it was a bright sunny day again like nothing happened.

I like the way you guys think! I'm also optimistic, and know the weather can change with the wind, but we're cruising with first-time cruisers and really want them to have a fun experience. Wanted to be prepared with a back up plan in case our typical aft bar/port rail spot gets rained out.

Lobby Deck exterior, Port Side. That way you are outside, but under the lifeboats so you will stay dry. Port side gives you a view of Star Island, Allison Island, the high rise buildings in Miami, the marina, coast guard station, and south beach.

cclsp_164.jpg

P1030057.JPG

Edited by LMaxwell

Exactly what I was looking for! Do you know what the nearest bar is, by chance? :p

Why the Lobby Bar of course :)

Check out Cruise Deck Plans (dot) com. When you pull up the ship click "drag decks". you can resize for your screen and close out the clutter. It will show all the decks side by side and you can overlay them too.

Exactly what I was looking for! Do you know what the nearest bar is, by chance? :p

The best bar on the ship is the aft pool bar.........Leila is a great bartender and Jean is the best bar server.........at the Lido pool find Jervie and in the Atrium Lounge find Nelly and Yada..........tell them all the Richardsons say hello ! we had a ball with them in July..

:cool:

So the 60% chance of rain you are seeing should really be of little concern at this point. Sure, it's only a few days away, but like others have said, it's Florida. I've seen many a 70% rain day where there wasn't a drop to be found!

Check the skies at 3:30 and make your plans then :D. We sail out on Saturday and I hadn't even looked yet to see that they are calling for 40% that day too.