Britannia reviews

tuppence

You seem to have taken offence.

I was just pointing out that your review would have been of real interest because you were a couple who had different opinions.

Azura & Ventura are pretty much the same but we have a slight preference for Azura but there again we loved Britannia.

No offence

:cool: She in fact had 1 small moan about lack of lifts she cannot do stairs due to her hip. Apart from that she just loved it all

Doesn't all this go to show that people have different favourites? TOMOGP states that their favourite is Arcadia - well Arcadia is the one P&O ship that we don't like very much! I can sort of give some reasons - don't like not having an atrium - seems as though the ship doesn't have a heart etc. etc. Doesn't really matter what I think, for others they love Arcadia. Yes we can say what we think about a specific ship and it's certainly interesting reading the different views but in the end the only way we can know for sure is to sail on the ship. I suppose one can have some idea in that we really like Adonia, Oceana and Aurora, so maybe we wouldn't like Britannia so much, I don't know we haven't been on her. We have been on Azura three times now, but just because we wanted to go to the Caribbean and she was the ship that was there. There are aspects of Azura that we really like but she isn't one of our favourites.

I don't think any P&O ship can be dismissed as 'awful'. All we can do is to try them and then form our own opinion - that's not to say we shouldn't listen to what others say.

Yes I think you are absolutely right. We didn't like Azura. She was just too big and impersonal. I also didn't like not being able to see the sea from inside the ship on the Prom Deck. We seemed to queue for everything, waited ages to get back on board in ports.

We did like Arcadia. Would go on her again. She is maybe a bit bland compared to other ships and I never understand the comments about atriums? Doesn't make any difference to me. Our favourites are Oriana and Adonia, but one of those is nearly gone :-(

We also like Fred's ships, although prefer Braemar out of the three we have done. So I guess we just like smaller friendly ships.

Doesn't all this go to show that people have different favourites? TOMOGP states that their favourite is Arcadia - well Arcadia is the one P&O ship that we don't like very much! I can sort of give some reasons - don't like not having an atrium - seems as though the ship doesn't have a heart etc. etc. Doesn't really matter what I think, for others they love Arcadia. Yes we can say what we think about a specific ship and it's certainly interesting reading the different views but in the end the only way we can know for sure is to sail on the ship. I suppose one can have some idea in that we really like Adonia, Oceana and Aurora, so maybe we wouldn't like Britannia so much, I don't know we haven't been on her. We have been on Azura three times now, but just because we wanted to go to the Caribbean and she was the ship that was there. There are aspects of Azura that we really like but she isn't one of our favourites.

I don't think any P&O ship can be dismissed as 'awful'. All we can do is to try them and then form our own opinion - that's not to say we shouldn't listen to what others say.

Absolutely, everyone is entitled to an opinion and also to be able to [ass it without ridicule. A number of people on this Forum need to accept that.

You cannot argue with points such as "the balconies are too small, "the lack of a central stair", "there is no Atrium" etc but its the ambience or feel of a ship that is completely subjective and if someone likes or dislikes it then no amount of convincing them will change their opinion.

Absolutely, everyone is entitled to an opinion and also to be able to [ass it without ridicule. A number of people on this Forum need to accept that.

You cannot argue with points such as "the balconies are too small, "the lack of a central stair", "there is no Atrium" etc but its the ambience or feel of a ship that is completely subjective and if someone likes or dislikes it then no amount of convincing them will change their opinion.

I agree about the expression of points of view - I often find myself wondering what some forum members occupation was/is as some of the autocratic and controlling responses seem such a world away from the culture I belong to. I don't mean that to be insulting I'm quite genuine in my interest around generations/experience/behaviour. I'm not saying I'm perfect, I do and say daft things but I do appreciate and respect diverse opinions, even where they aren't necessarily aligned to my own - and actually I can reflect on myself and change my opinions based on reasoned argument, which I think is a good thing.