Limited Availability of Rooms

MsSoloTravel

We want to plan a 5 day cruise on the Triumph out of New Orleans in the spring of 2017. We like the Panarama and Spa decks. We also like to stay near camp carnival /ocean so this works out for us on the triumph.

When trying to book through CCL website it is showing about 8 rooms, all under the gym, for an interior on deck 10. Hmm. We would like to stay a bit farther back. So I look for a different sail date. The same 8 rooms show up. So I think those 8 rooms must be the only rooms that accommodate 3. I try booking for 2 just to see. The same 8 rooms show up plus 1.

Out of curiosity I look at balcony rooms. For 3 ppl I get one choice. For 2 ppl I get 2 choices. Then I start looking at other dates. From spring 2016 to spring 2017 the same limited selection of rooms show up each time.

I know they all aren't booked already. So how do I get one of the other rooms? Are they reserved for TA's? I can't imagine Carnival only saving 2 balcony staterooms for themselves to book on deck 10 and giving all the others up to TA's.

If you're looking at Spa or Panorama only, those decks only have cabins forward. So, yes, there's going to be rather limited availabilty. As far as I know, all booking sites typically only show 8 cabins in any particular area.

Just call Carnival and ask.

This is when having a good PVP comes in handy. I "could" book online myself, but I call him with a browser window open and know what cabin I want and what it's going to cost. Then, if there are any issues later, he handles it and it doesn't cost me any more than booking myself. And I can ask these sorts of questions. And he knows what he's talking about (I'm not sure all the generic customer service people you get at the 800 number.)

You do realize the Spa amenities are only given to 2 of the 3 people in the cabin. The 3rd would have to pay their own way.

Triumph does not have 'spa' cabins, only cabins on the Spa deck.

Panorama deck has four interiors for 3 or more, 4 8E cabins, and 4 8F. Spa deck has 11 cabins 8F for 3/4. Total of 23 cabins on those two decks. You might be lucky to have that many still open.

The four 4J cabins on Panorama deck forward, under the gym, are handicapped cabins. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Thank you NCTRIBEFAN for the advice. I will call and see if other rooms are available.

Essiesmom...it's giving me more than 4 options for 3 ppl in interior rooms. Plus, the site shows the same room, 1009 I believe, as the only balcony room available for all 10 dates I looked up. I find it hard to believe all the balcony rooms are booked except that one on so many iteneraries. But, you never know.

Thanks for all of the input. I'm curious to see what they say when I call.

Thank you NCTRIBEFAN for the advice. I will call and see if other rooms are available.

Essiesmom...it's giving me more than 4 options for 3 ppl in interior rooms. Plus, the site shows the same room, 1009 I believe, as the only balcony room available for all 10 dates I looked up. I find it hard to believe all the balcony rooms are booked except that one on so many iteneraries. But, you never know.

Thanks for all of the input. I'm curious to see what they say when I call.

I only looked at Spa and Panorama decks, as that was what you preferred. I'm sure there are many on other decks. EM

I only looked at Spa and Panorama decks, as that was what you preferred. I'm sure there are many on other decks. EM

I assumed that is what you meant. But they showed roughly 8 inside rooms to choose from on the Panarama deck for 3 ppl. You said there were only 4. I know which 4 you are talking about. What I found odd is that those were not my option. The site gave me about 8 rooms further up toward the front.