Breakaway Vibe

MotherofTrips

This may sound like a silly question, but I was thinking about getting a Vibe pass for my elderly mother if possible. I thought that it would be a place she could relax and know that she was able to get a seat. She is concerned that she would be up there with a bunch of young couples and would feel out of place? Do you find this to be true?

This may sound like a silly question, but I was thinking about getting a Vibe pass for my elderly mother if possible. I thought that it would be a place she could relax and know that she was able to get a seat. She is concerned that she would be up there with a bunch of young couples and would feel out of place? Do you find this to be true?

Last year on the Getaway, it was mostly 20 and 30 somethings, IIRC. Still, great place for a comfy chair and some quiet.

My mom is 80 Andy father just passed away. I think that she was afraid that it would be a lot of couples

Sorry to hear of your dad's passing.

On our Bermuda sailing, the Vibe was often just a few people - mainly middle aged. It was never crowded. Everyone was friendly and it felt as if you were at a country club. Age did not matter. The staff was great.

One caution, the Vibe hot tubs entrance and exits are not as easy to navigate as those on the pool deck and depending on your mom's agility may or may not be an issue.

There was a side exit with stairs that went down to the pool deck. The main pool also only has regular pool ladders not steps which caused issues for some.

Enjoy your cruise! We'll be on the Breakaway again this June

She is concerned that she would be up there with a bunch of young couples and would feel out of place? Do you find this to be true?

On our trip last month my wife and I were the youngest couple there, and we're in our 40s. It is definitely a place to chill and relax rather than to party.

Just a quick question. .are you allowed to eat in the Vibe?

They provide free fruit skewers, and they offer food service from Ocean Blue takeout for a price. I don't remember seeing anything that said you could not bring your own food in.

• 2 weeks later...

We're on the same cruise! :D

We had Vibe passes a couple of years ago and found a wide range of ages there. People are very friendly and you get to know just about everyone. We found most people sat in the same spots each day so if she goes, just find her a spot and she can call it 'her' spot. lol I'm sure she'll be well taken care of. :)

This was 'our' spot:

19409115176_5169b103cb_z.jpg

These are the stairs that lead up to the Vibe area. At the top of the stairs, you go to the right and you'll see the entrance to The Vibe.

19364984208_7dd14fd160_z.jpg

Here's the entrance to The Vibe. We were in port that day so it was actually empty outside of the entrance, otherwise it's quite crowded in that area.

17004623766_da1bcccc38_z.jpg

We're on the same cruise! :D

We had Vibe passes a couple of years ago and found a wide range of ages there. People are very friendly and you get to know just about everyone. We found most people sat in the same spots each day so if she goes, just find her a spot and she can call it 'her' spot. lol I'm sure she'll be well taken care of. :)

This was 'our' spot:

19409115176_5169b103cb_z.jpg

These are the stairs that lead up to the Vibe area. At the top of the stairs, you go to the right and you'll see the entrance to The Vibe.

19364984208_7dd14fd160_z.jpg

Here's the entrance to The Vibe. We were in port that day so it was actually empty outside of the entrance, otherwise it's quite crowded in that area.

17004623766_da1bcccc38_z.jpg

Your also on the June 19th cruise?? There is no one on the role call!