not that Dan-Dan be replaced but who is the new CD on the Gem?

bonniboo1

• 1 month later...
How often are the CD's changed? We had Dan Dan on the Gem in July 2014, and we'll be on the Breakaway next June. Do you think he will still be there? My kids loved him!

We were on the Gem June 2015 and loved dan dan. I hope he will still be on the Breakaway during our next cruise which is May 2016.

Is Dan Dan the same guy as Dan the Man? I thought Dan the Man was such a lousy name.. couldn't come up with something more creative.

No....they are different people. I've sailed with both. Dan Dan is very upbeat, loud, and funny. Dan the Man is much more sedate.

Not same guy. Dan the man is different. Good as well but Dan Dan is hands down the best IMHO. New gem CD is Alvan. He was ACD on breakaway recently. He was funny so I hope he can somewhat come close to filling Dan Dans shoes. Now I will have to book breakaway again to see him. He will be missed on gem.

Dan Dan boarded the Breakaway for 2 weeks of large ship training with Scott before Scott leaves for vacation. I only know this because Scott told me last week.

A good CD makes the cruise better .We have had good ones but unfortunately some very bad ones too.

Lenny

New CD on the Gem is an American named Drew. He did a great job IMO. Very talented and personable.

Our friends did a B2B on the Gem in Nov and Dec and could not stop raving about the CD in Dec....can't remember the name.

Edited by Arzeena