Is the Star still a star? Or possible semi-live from.

ar1950

Heading for the airport and then on to the Star out of LA for a short overnight in Cabo. Depending on Internet, what's going on and, most of all, my motivation this may be a short live-from. At the very least it will be a post-mortem, after cruise wrap-up. Gotta go, later everyone.

Didn't do a lot last night. Went to our roll call sail away function. Then elite happy hour in Skywalker's. Then up to MUTS to watch the Denver - New England game. The pizza smelled so good we had a slice and a beer. After the big lunch and now pizza we decided no need for anything else for dinner. We were pretty beat after traveling so we called it an early night. So far everything has been great. Later.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

What was on the MDR menu for embarkation lunch?

Thanks (and following along...)

Sorry, I don't remember most of it exactly.* There was an always available grouping with three or four starters, The Princess steakburger, with cheese and bacon if you wanted. And a Pasta dish, spinach and cheese ravioli as I recall.* The offerings of the day included four starters ( a soup, a salad, a shrimp and avacado dish, and something else), three mains (salmon, chicken cacchitori style, and beef tenderloin.* There where five dessert offerings (orange souffle, apple tart, four or five flavors of ice cream, and a couple more I don't recall.* Excellent lunch choices we thought.

Just a few observations.* Most places in the ship appear to be in good condition.* Crew is always here and there doing maintenance, sanding, painting, etc.* Our cabin is in very good shape overall.* A few dings or scrapes, nothing very noticable.** I think that our mattress maybe pretty new, too.* No sags and very (to us anyway) comfortable.* I think that quite a bit of cosmetic work must have been done when the ship was in dry dock last year (I think that it was). We have noticed different carpets in public areas than what we remember that the ship had two years ago when we were on it.* Only real* annoyance so far was waiting 30 minutes on the phone for room service to answer last night.

The volume in MUTs and in the theater, although loud, have not been ear splitting.* Food has been good in the MDR and Horizon Court.*

Heading to the Elite happy hour in a while.* BTW, 8 $5.00 drinks are available every night. No need to only have the one that is the nightly special.* Skipping formal night in the MDR tonight and having dinner in Sabatini's with some roll call folks.*

Weather has been cool, partly overcast, little cool, but, very nice.

Breakfast thoughts. Yesterday, MDR and Eggs Benedict with sauce on the side. Egg yolks not very runny which is the way I like them. Sauce was perfect, some crispy bacon on the side (let tablemates know that this was a better way to order, they didn't and got the normal crusty sauce). Horizon Court today, fried to tomato, corn beef hash perfect (not greasy), couple strips of bacon crispy and not greasy. Perfect. Well, maybe not. Omelet ordered first, then got the rest, sat down. Coffee, tomato juice delivered, sides eaten slowly, coffee and juice mostly gone, no omelet. Talked to some people that we met yesterday. Lets see, 15 minutes and nice, hot omelet. After we were pretty much ready to leave. LOL, same thing as I noted on Pam in CA’s live from. YMMV, mine doesn’t seem to.

Afternoon in Cabo today. 1pm port arrival time. Nothing special going on for us this morning. Probably wonder around the ship a bit. Probably take a later tender when we get to Cabo and then check out a couple of cantina/restaurants that we saw on Trip Advisor. No excursions planed. Later.