United Milage chart secrets....

Hawaiidan

For all you frustrated folks out there who see the new color coded milage chart for saver and non saver awards......that shows almost nothing for saver inbusiness or first

Well amigos,it isn't the whole truth. I have been finding business saver flights for 70.000 not 150,000 all over the place.

How?????

Well assume nothing start entering your dates using large or un used airports and enter any day you want any month you want. Try several dates on either side Tuesday to Thursdays seem best. Then punch in the date NO MATTER WHAT THE CHART SAYS They are all there hidden....like Easter eggs

AND surprise surprise up they come... flights on Lufthansa, Austrian, Turkish, Brussels, Air Lingus Air Canada.....all in saver business. Some go all the way to your desired destination. Some go like from Frankfurt to Denver business then coach to the final. Or Lax to Dublin UAL in Business then coach Dublin to Barcelona.... Coming back check out Lyon instead of Paris or FRA....

Guys and Girls.......start playing with the dates and don't pay heed to the chart its meant to dissuade you ....there are hidden flights that only appear when you dial in on a date.... you will be very surprised saving 77,000 ,miles to me is a big deal... you can go rt business to Europe for 140,000 not 300,000.............Go for it

What secret? They have had color coded charts forever.

You can look at a whole month at a time by just searching by month and selecting the amount of days you want to travel. No need to look at a few days at a time.

You got that right. Just click "my dates are flexible" and away you go. (Should we tell the OP that it also works to find the lower priced flights each month as well. :D)

You got that right. Just click "my dates are flexible" and away you go. (Should we tell the OP that it also works to find the lower priced flights each month as well. :D)

For UA Awards -- you do not have to click my dates are flexible -- it automatically shows you two months of calendar availability.

However -- you have to play with both your departure and destination to find any good savers. Now looking MCO to Hong Kong -- nothing. But if search EWR or ORD to HKG some savers on both UA and Asiana. Sometime the issue is getting a saver from your hope airport to the international gateway.

For UA Awards -- you do not have to click my dates are flexible -- it automatically shows you two months of calendar availability.

However -- you have to play with both your departure and destination to find any good savers. Now looking MCO to Hong Kong -- nothing. But if search EWR or ORD to HKG some savers on both UA and Asiana. Sometime the issue is getting a saver from your hope airport to the international gateway.

Fair enough. I haven't spend much time lately on the UA site because not living in a UA hub city anymore I find most of my flying has moved to AA. I guess I was thinking about the regular pricing calendar when you hit the flexible travel dates option. (I have a whopping 4500 miles in my UA account so I won't be going very far with that many miles. Probably couldn't even leave Charleston county with that many. :D )

What secret? They have had color coded charts forever.

You can look at a whole month at a time by just searching by month and selecting the amount of days you want to travel. No need to look at a few days at a time.

I understood it a different way. He is talking about color-coded charts that do not show any saver fares in business class at first attempt - actual availability does not correspond to what the color code indicates. I don't think he meant the color codes were a new feature. The point is you have to tinker with it to see the saver fares.

I think that the OP was using the color-coded month calendar you all mention and found that seats on other dates were available, NOT just those dates indicated by the color-coding.

This. Often the website/calendar shows no saver availability. But if you click through to the specific date, you often find some. Sometimes with international business saver awards it will show no availability when in fact the only flight that is not business is a regional jet within the USA that has no first class cabin or such.

I think that the OP was using the color-coded month calendar you all mention and found that seats on other dates were available, NOT just those dates indicated by the color-coding.

I was trying to let folks know that when you are using the calendar to ignore the color code that indicates saver or non saver availability. That if you punch in dates around your desired date you may find saver awards for business that pop up even when the chart says there is nothing....

By playing with dates and cities in the departure region or return region you can score real deals when the charts say nothing... YOU have to assume there are hidden gems on almost every day....but you have to get into the chart and dig.....

That is my point....don't go by the chart Go into the dates and dig.

I have better than 7 figures of UAL and 6 figures of AA and I don't like spending them..... that's how I got em'

Also break a trip into or out of Europe...Flying to Malta business... no way from SFO or LAX BUT..... Flying LAX to FRA business for 57K and then Fra to MLA bus for 15 to 30K is easy. Coming back MLA to LSY then LSY to LAX all inbusiness for 70K Things like that