Liberty 1262

dolphins76

If you are worried about the white space next to cabin 1262 then you should definitely pick on of the other cabins - which have other cabins on each side.

My only concern about all the cabins is the fact they are 'adjoining' cabins and not sure how 'soundproof' that would be given the adjoining door? (yes I try to avoid them as well...)

Happy cruising :)

Edited by Froufie

Has anyone stayed in this room? Have pictures? I am a little concerned about the location which is next to what looks like the steward closet. My other options are 1280 and 1252z Any help would be great.

And what are your concerns about being next to a sterward's locker? Noise? My take is that it is either a linen closet or a steward's pantry (ice maker and dishwasher). Neither will be in use after turn down service in the evening, and neither will be in use very early in the morning.

If anything, these may be quieter than other cabins since there is a cabin only on one side.

Oh no! Now I am bumming a bit! We didn't realize our cabin was adjoining until after we were booked, first time cruising and all. We don't need adjoining at all. Do you think we should let them know we could switch cabins this late? We leave next Sunday! I wish my travel agent would have caught that!

Oh no! Now I am bumming a bit! We didn't realize our cabin was adjoining until after we were booked, first time cruising and all. We don't need adjoining at all. Do you think we should let them know we could switch cabins this late? We leave next Sunday! I wish my travel agent would have caught that!

It's worth a call to try but this late in the game, there may not be any availability. You will need to have your TA call Carnival to find out as they can't discuss your booking with you directly.

Early December cruises are a very low demand time, which means that there are typically some empty rooms on the ship. This close to sailing, you will need to look for something that is an equal category or higher category. If higher, you will need to pay the difference in price, if there is any. You could use the Carnival booking engine online to check for availability. Just keep in mind that the remaining available rooms might have some other noise issues, so be very careful.

Connecting cabins. Almost all cabins have adjoining cabins. Only a few have another cabin connected by an interior door.

We just had a connecting cabin on the Miracle, assigned by guarantee. On occasion we heard the tv and some talking thru the closed connecting door.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Glory. I looked at the empty space next to your cabin and I would stay in 1262. It is a double door closet with round windows and inside were empty luggage carts. You shouldn't have any noise from there except maybe the first last nights when they go in there to return and retrieve them. Sorry I didn't get a pic, but that is located forward and I didn't have my camera when going past there. My room was aft.

We returned from Liberty last week. Bear in mind 80% of the passengers were Puerto Ricans and are culturally loud so your room could be better than opposite a passenger cabin. We were in a suite and thought we had chosen carefully, not close to elevators etc. But we did not take into account the cabins opposite. Take some earplugs unless you don't go to sleep before 2am.:D