Best night for steakhouse?

laumicmah

We have a reservation for the First Night on the Sunshine. Free bottle of wine. relaxed dress code. ( slacks and a shirt with collar for husband)

Your husband could wear that to the steakhouse any night. The first night is more casual, yes, but the general Dress Code is "Cruise Elegant" (with jeans allowed on ship Cruise Casual days still; so basically "No shorts" is the difference). Your husband is dressed to Carnival's "Cruise Elegant" standards in slacks and a shirt with a collar. My DH has often worn jeans to the steakhouse (never on an Elegant night but we MDR those usually and he doesn't wear jeans then, we follow the code), and it's never been an issue.

The first night is pretty much "come as you are" everywhere though, so you're right that A) people tend to LOOK more casual on that night in the Steakhouse and B) they have an even further relaxed code. We've never worn shorts (we just don't wear a ton of shorts unless we're out in the hot sun) but we've seen people do it. According to the restaurant (we called and asked about dress code, the first time), the first night you can wear basically whatever you have on when you board, including shorts. This is likely because of luggage potentially being slow to deliver, etc.

Carnival dress code basically never requires more than slacks and a shirt with a collar, though. Just sayin' because we were worried about going to the steakhouse on other nights for a time, but I clarified and re-clarified the dress code (for my DH more than me -- ladies dress is much more fluid and comfy at higher levels of dress) many times before we went to other nights, and it was always fine. Luckily, Carnival never requires ridiculously dressy clothes, even in the steakhouse.

Edited by berrieh

Last night. My reason is because the steakhouse is SOO Good. It will spoil all the other food offerings the rest of the cruise. This is mine and DH SIL and DD opinion.. Happy sailing! We will be on Liberty in 56 days!:eek:

We're on the same sailing as you and picked day 4 I think. It's the day we're in St. Thomas. We chose that because we love elegant night in the MDR, so didn't want to miss that. We don't care about the free bottle of wine either. I love wine, but it just didn't seem to be that much of a deal considering the type of wine you get or the discount on others. We have early dining, so picked the day we have the latest port departure so we wouldn't feel rushed coming back from port. I'd like to try Bitter N Blanc, but it's not all that important that I'd arrange my schedule around it.

Since we too have early dining I booked the steakhouse for St Thomas night as well. 8pm for a party of 4 (adults) and the kids will go to the buffet on their own that night.

Since we too have early dining I booked the steakhouse for St Thomas night as well. 8pm for a party of 4 (adults) and the kids will go to the buffet on their own that night.

Changed my resie again. Now we are booked for the 6th night at 7:30, when in Grand Turk. We feel like we'll be back on early enough on St Thomas day but Grand Turk day is so short that we may be getting back on at the last minute. Plus, the hubby likes the menu in the MDR on St Thomas night :rolleyes:.

Edited by laumicmah