Millie - Aft or in between Royal Suites

Cruise Junky

Hi can anyone shed any light which is better: booking an aft cabin CC or 1A or booking one of the 1As in between the Royal suites on the Penthouse deck, ie. 6144, 6143, 6136 or 6135. I head the decks are large to keep with the Royal Suites.

Any comparison anyone?

Some Ship, Some Itinerary, Somewhere in the Med.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2006;5;12;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Mexican Riviera - Rhapsody of the Seas

11 Day Circle the Caribbean - Splendour of the Seas

Alaska - Dawn Princess

Coastal - Island Princess

You can't go wrong with either. The aft cabins have balconies 6X bigger than standard. The penthouse deck cabins have balconies 3X bigger than standard. If you book the penthouse 1A cabins, you might get some of the CC perks as a bonus, since they are next to the suites. For example, the suites have upgraded lines and towels. It might be easiest for the cabin stewards to just supply the same linens to 6144, rather than try to keep track of what goes to a suite, and what goes to a standard cabin. Some people in the penthouse cabins have also reported receiving fruitbaskets and afternoon snacks.

Splendour of the Seas, 11/17/00

Summit, 10/28/02

Mercury, 5/05/04

The aft decks are larger in keeping with the FV's!! I'd always go for an aft cabin every time!!!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

The aft decks are also larger in keeping with the FV's!! I'd always go for an aft cabin every time!!!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Look out MERCURY Here we come!!!

September 19, 2005--"Millie in the Med"--We're there!

I've stayed in both types of cabins (6144 and 9160) and I think that 6144 is a much better choice.

6144 is a couple of feet wider, has a much nicer teak deck, and is situated in a quiet part of the ship. In 9160 I was bothered by scraping of chairs on the cafe deck above.

I would either take 6144 (or its sister cabin on the other side) or one of the aft cabins on the 7th or 8th deck. Those are quieter, and you get more sun on the deck since it's not completely covered like it is on the 9th deck.

Just a comment about CC. If you look at the website on the M-class ships, starting in May, there are CC cabins on decks 6,7, 8 and 9. I'm thinking it might be all the cabins that were category 1x. Our choice would be aft in most cases. the balcony is larger but the view is better. In some places, the view is good on one side and dreadful on the other. From the aft, you see both (even if you might have to wait until the ship moves up to or past whatever you are looking at). For the Panama canal and Alaska, the aft is the far better choice. For others, those 4 would be very good alternatives. IMHO.

Bob

Archived